Most of us want to find a partner we can share our lives with, but no one wants to spend the rest of their life feeling like they missed out on an adventure and did not have enough fun and excitement before they settled down. To avoid that, here’s a list of what every man should do before he gets engaged or married:
1. Have a one night stand. Sometimes you just need a physical release. Go to a bar, find the sluttiest looking girl you can find and buy her a few drinks and flirt shamlessly. Avoid exchanging last names or getting to know her too well, and make sure you use a condom. The best one night stands are people you never see again.
2. Jump out of a Plane. If you are thinking about parachuting out of a plane, it is a good idea to do it when you have few responsibilities. Do it before you have a wife to answer to.
3. Drink until you throw up. A real man knows his limits. You should test those limits before you try to land the lady of your dreams. Make sure you have a designated driver, or take cabs to get around. It helps if you’re celebrating a birthday, because people will buy you drinks.
4. Stay up for 24 hours straight. While it is fun to experiment and push your physical boundaries, this also falls into the category of stuff that will ultimately piss your wife off if you do it all the time, so do it now. If you want to play Madden all night while you drink Patron with your buddies, do it NOW.
5. Go on a road trip with your buddies in a convertible. There is nothing like the freedom of the open road to help you bond with a friend. While driving you have a chance to slow down and appreciate things that you would never see while you are in a plane. Wives and girlfriends are not always going to support you helping your buddy drive cross country for two weeks in the summer.
6. See strippers. All women are beautiful in some way. Going to a strip club gives you a chance to appreciate and objectify many beautiful women at once, without acting like you care about them. Just make sure you don’t spend your rent money or money for the engagement ring on strippers.
7. Live simply for a week. Challenge yourself to spend as little money as possible for a week. This will strengthen your character and prepare you for the day when the little lady says she wants to make a big purchase. Being in a relationship sometimes requires financial sacrifice. Practice now, and take your savings and go to a strip club to reward yourself for a job well done.
8. Learn to cook breakfast. Experiment with a few items until you can make one or two things like a short order cook. When you want to romance a special lady,you will be able to impress her. All women enjoy breakfast in bed.
9. Buy one great suit. No matter what career you choose, every woman enjoys a night out. If you have a great suit, you can wear it when you take her out on the town. Spend the money to get it tailored so the suit will look custom made. It’s easy to update a basic dark suit with a trendy tie or shirt.
10. Get over your ex. You won’t be ready for a new relationship until you forget about all the drama of your last relationship. Figure out a way to move forward before you start seriously dating someone new.
11. Spend time alone. At some point between moving out of your parents’ house and moving in with a partner, everyone should live alone. It gives you a chance to figure out how to be a functioning adult. You can also stay up all night, playing Madden and drinking beer with your friends if that makes you happy! When you do get married, you can look back at your bachelor time fondly.
12. Learn to drive stick. Even though most cars are now automatic, it is still a good skill to have. Women appreciate a man who can take charge of any car.
13. Play with kids. Before you become a dad you should test drive someone else’s kids to see how many you want to have – or if you want them at all. Nieces and nephews are a great way to figure out what to do with kids before you get married.
14. Travel. Go to see some place you have always wanted to see, without negotiating with anyone other than your boss for time off work.
15. Take a trip to Las Vegas with the fellas. Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas – unless you get arrested, break a bone, or get someone pregnant.
If your girl is pressuring you to propose, and you’re up for a challenge you can combine several of these items into one weekend. You and the fellas can drive a stick shift convertible to Las Vegas, where you can stay up for 24 hours, drink until you puke, wear a great suit, have a one night stand, make breakfast, get over your ex, and see some strippers. No matter what, make sure you have fun, and don’t let anyone take pictures in Las Vegas and post them on facebook!