Weddings are a joyous occasion. Two people pronounce their unwavering love for each other with promises of staying together forever. There are countless things that go into the preparation of a wedding: the location, the food, the cake and the dress. One of the most important things to me is the music. From deciding whether you want a live band or a DJ one of the most nerve wrecking decisions might be what song to have the first dance to. Here are my top ten wedding songs.
1. All My Life – K-Ci and Jojo: This twosome has had some of the best love songs and they scored another hit with this particular song. What better to look into the eyes of your loved one while K-Ci and Jojo sing about how they have waited for someone like you their whole life?
2. Stay With You – John Legend: John Legend croons on this ballad about how even though the relationship may turn old for a bit and problems will be faced he is willing to stay with you.
3. At Last – Etta James: James sings about how finally her love has arrived. This song has been featured in movies, commercials and television shows and most recently people remember Beyonce singing this as The President and First Lady of The United States had their inaugural dance. This song has been around for 40 plus years and guaranteed to be around for more.
4. The Power of Love: Celine Dion: Celine’s powerhouse vocals dominate this track as she sings about the power of love. This song is guaranteed to stir up emotions in any listener.
5. You’re Still the One – Shania Twain: Shania sings on this track about her lover is still the one that she dreams about, runs to, hopes for and loves after all this time. If one is at a loss for words, dancing to this track for your first dance as husband and wife is a sure fire way to communicate your feelings to your loved one.
6. Endless Love – Luther Vandross: Luther Vandross is the unofficial king of all things love related. Singing about his endless love this song lends for a beautiful memory when a couple dances to it at their wedding.
7. I Do (Cherish You) – 98 Degrees: At your wedding is when you say your vows. What better song than this to enjoy the fact that you did say I Do while telling your loved one how much you cherish them?
8. Tonight I Celebrate My Love: Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack: Weddings are a reason to celebrate not only life and happiness but love. This is a perfect celebratory song.
9. From This Moment On – Shania Twain: Two Shania songs? Yes. Shania promises that she will love her man from this moment onward.
10. Here and Now – Luther Vandross: What better way to end this playlist off then with a staple wedding song? For years this song has been heard at weddings everywhere. The newly married couple dances as Luther sings that he promises to love faithfully. This is the love song of all love songs.
What are you favorite wedding songs?