Today vice president Joe Biden announced that summer of 2010 will be the “Summer of Recovery.” This public relations event for the White House will involve a number of free concerts and other activities specially geared for baby boomers who fondly remember the 1969 “Summer of Love.” It is also hoped that the planned activities will help accelerate the economic recovery. Listed below are ten activities planned by the vice president for the “Summer of Recovery.”
1. National Parks will host several “Bidenstock” concerts which will feature a variety of performers singing songs especially written to help stimulate the economy such as “On the Road to Recovery Again” by Willie Nelson, “We Can Work the Financial Mess Out” by Paul McCartney, and “The Sound of Silence While Oil Leaks” by Paul Simon.
2. Joe Biden will spend much of the summer traveling around the country in a special Amtrak train called the “Biden Express.” Along the way he will hand out free rail passes to help get people traveling again. However, most of them will be one way tickets to New Orleans.
3. President Obama will host several Oil-la-palooza concerts in New Orleans in order to bring back tourism to the state. A rich barbecue sauce, specially selected because it looks like oil, will be used to cook the majority of the sea food served at the events.
4. A special low budget film produced by Steven Spielberg called “Attack of the Oilzilla” will be screened at special events around the country to raise money for oil spill victims.
5. Sea World in San Diego will replace all of its water with the oil recovered from the oil spill in order to recreate what an oil spill looks like close up. Environmentalists and animal rights activist are outraged, but Sea World has said, “it has to be done so the world can know the truth.”
6. Senator john McCain, in an effort to include republicans, will host a variety of “Oprah like” television shows which will expose the little known plight of the endangered BP executive who must come up with $20 billion to pay for the spill.
7. Michelle Obama, in her continuing efforts to help Americans eat healthier, will convert a large amount of the acreage around the Lincoln and Jefferson monuments in Washington D.C. into the world’s largest vegetable garden.
8. Joe Biden is planning on hiding dozens rare Civil War era coins inside tar blobs on the beaches in florida for the world’s biggest “tar ball hunt”, in order to stimulate tourism in the state of Florida.
9. In an effort to recycle the oil recovered from the gulf, the White House is approving new green construction projects which will turn the oil into plastic and tar like igloos which Can be used as outdoor sheds.
10. Carnival cruise will begin selling tickets for ” Oil Reality Cruises” to see the oil spill and even participate in the clean up. Al Gore is expected to be the honorary captain on the first cruise.
For the top 10 signs that BP’s $20 billion payment to the Federal government was a “shakedown”, click here: