It was recently announced that Disney would begin a lengthy renovation process of all of its Disney Stores in the United States, and that they will now be called “Imagination Parks.” The stores would be upgraded to what Disney executives describe as the “best 30 minutes in a child’s day.” High tech special effects would be added to the stores such that when a girl places a Little Mermaid doll with a computer chip tag in front of a mirror, a “magical” image of the little Mermaid would appear. Boys would get in on the fun too as there will be custom made cars from the popular Pixar film “Cars.” However, some of the planned special effects didn’t make it into the stores, here are ten magical surprises that almost made it to the public:
1. An audioanamatronic Snow White would intermittently sing “Whistle While You Shop!” every 15 minutes to remind customers why they were in the store in the first place.
2. The hologram of Pluto would appear in a plastic dog house whenever somebody said the magic word “dog bone.”
3. An employee dressed like Buzz LightYear would ask customers every 10 minutes if they knew where “Star Command” was located.
4. Magical “pixie dust”, a combination of glitter and diluted laughing gas, would be pumped into the store to help get customers in the buying mood.
5. A secret trapdoor would lead down to a mysterious basement where parents could let their children play in a make-believe dungeon while they shopped.
6. An eight foot sized robotic version of Wall-E would entertain guests by picking up kids and throwing them into the air and then racing to catch them.
7. Customers would be able to arm wrestle with the “Beast” from the classic Disney animated feature Beauty and the Beast. Losing customers would be thrown out of the store immediately.
8. A specially produced movie titled, “Make Your Parents Take You To Disneyland”, would be looped to play continuously.
9. On every Tuesday, Mary Poppins shows up and would take two children with her as she flies around the mall.
10. A special Mickey Mouse plush doll would be given free to certain children, and it would secretly monitor the child and his or her parents to determine how best to sell them stuff in the future.
For the top 10 surprises in the secret United States flash United Kingdom agreement, click here: