Are you looking for a hot and steamy passionate summer romance movie that is sexual and sensual? Here are ten movies that bring to the screen just what you’re looking for: lust and desire and more. These are ten sensuous summer movies, my picks for the hottest ones on the screen.
1. Two Moon Junction (1988). Sherilyn Fenn and Richard Tyson team up to make even the television screen steamy in this sensuous summer movie. Sherilyn Fenn is about to get married. However, she’s never experienced passion with her husband to be. So, when she meets a carnival guy, just passing through, she finds that she can’t pass up the romance. You will find more nudity in this film than just about any other American film, and even sex scenes. If you were April (Sherilyn Fenn) in this movie, who would you pick? Just get a look at Perry (Richard Tyson) and you may have your decision, ladies.
2. 9 1/2 Weeks (1986). Why didn’t I put this steamy film at the top of the sensuous movie list? I just found Two Moon Junction to have a better plot and story line, and it held its suspension of disbelief for me a little longer. I think Two Moon Junction was just written a little better. Mickey Rourke, you were definitely hot in this film, though, don’t get me wrong. It takes a very close second.
3. Secretary (2002). Starring Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader, this movie is twisted. It’s not just about lust and desire, but also some form of sadomasochism. You have to be open to this to enjoy the movie, but if you are, you will find it meets its expectations for a lustful movie. James Spader is an attorney, who keeps having to hire new secretaries. Why? Because he keeps having them do inappropriate things for him. Well, then comes along Maggie Gyllenhaal, who actually enjoys them. Now, you have to realize that when she walked into the door she was already cutting herself as a form of dealing with her issues. So, this was just the next step for her. The two are a great match.
4. Original Sin (2001). This sensuous summer movie has a decent plot. Angelina Jolie stars as Julia, who agrees to go to Cuba to meet and marry Antonio Vargas (Luis Vargas in the movie), a cuban. She sent plain photos, and so he is surprised she is so beautiful when he meets her. He made out as if he was poor, but he actually is a wealthy businessman. Imagine getting married to a total stranger and then having passionate unforbidden sex. What could be steamier? Of course, the plot thickens…
5. Swept Away (2002). Madonna stars in Swept Away, a movie written by her then boyfriend Guy Ritchie. In this sexual sensuous summer movie, Madonna and her husband take a cruise from Greece to Italy. Madonna and a shipman are cast onto a deserted island during a storm, and the passion begins. Elizabeth Banks plays a small role in this romance film as well.
6. The Lover (1992). The movie is set in France, and is about a lustful affair between a teenage girl and a rich Chinese businessman. The setting is 1929. This is a steamy romance about forbidden love.
7. Like Water for Chocolate (1993). This is a summer sensuous movie set in Mexico during the Mexican revolution. Two characters fall in love and wish to marry. However, the tradition is that the youngest daughter must take care of the mother and not marry. So, it is set for the man to marry the older sister. Well, you can just imagine that this isn’t going to work!
8. Dangerous Liaisons (1988). Dangerous Liaisons has an all-star cast of Glenn Close, John Malkovich and Michelle Pfeiffer, who become entangled in a web of deceit and lust in this passionate movie about love and sex in eighteenth century France. Who knew that even back in the 1700’s lust overcame logic anyday.
9. Last Tango in Paris (1972). Last Tango in Paris is an older sensuous film, with a sexy young Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider. The sexy summer movie is about a widowed man who goes to Paris and has an affair with an engaged young French woman. The passionate movie involves sexual violence, and even became intertwined in international controversy due to its explicit sex scenes. It was originally an X rated movie, but censored versions shown in the US were changed to an R rating.
10. The Wild Side (2005). Another great passionate steamy film, this movie involves a transsexual prostitute and other characters struggling with their own identities. A three way affair begins between three of the characters. This alternative movie deals with sexual identity and unaccepted lifestyles.
What are your favorite sensuous summer movies?