Recently, long time White House reporter Helen Thomas resigned due to antisemitic comments made about Jews in Israel, saying that they should go back to Germany, Poland and wherever else they came from. The White House has called her comments “reprehensible” and she likely won’t be celebrating her birthday, which falls on the same day as President Obama’s, at the White House this year. Here are some other warning signs that colleagues ignored with regards to her antisemetic views:
1. Two words: swastika earrings.
2. Friends visiting her home have noticed a large portrait of Adolf Hitler over the fireplace, which she nervously explains came with the house.
3. She reflexively gives the “Heil Hitler” salute instead of placing her hand on her heart during the national anthem.
4. Martin Bormann was her first husband.
5. She refuses to watch the movie Schindler’s List.
6. She routinely vacations in Germany during the summer and visits old Nazi monuments and buildings.
7. Refuses to eat bagels as she believes that only Jews eat them.
8. Doesn’t get the big controversy surrounding Mel Gibson who blames the Jews for starting all of the world’s wars.
9. Is on Israel’s terrorist watch list.
10. Was rooting for the Nazis in last year’s film by Quentin Tarantino entitled, “Inglourious Basterds.”