It was recently reported that disgruntled JetBlue airline steward, Steven Slater, may be getting his own reality show. However, given the fact that Slater is now out of a job, what aspect of his life would the reality show focus on? Ten possible themes are listed below.
1. Slater would be hired as a teacher for a new airlines stewards and stewardesses educational program for Delta Airlines, during which he would instruct new employees how to remain calm under pressure, as well as how to safely deploy an inflatable evacuation slide for a “non-emergency” at an airport terminal.
2. Slater would work at a community college and at the end of the day he would jump through a window made out of special Hollywood breakable glass window as a dramatic ending to the show.
3. Disgruntled employee challenge. Slater would challenge disgruntled employees to complete bizarre tasks, such as stealing their ex-boss’s dog and jumping from a moving car.
4. On the Road with Steven Slater. Slater would travel America collecting stories from fellow disgruntled employees . He would also visit the homes of past unruly passengers he had to deal with on past JetBlue flights. Hillarious confrontations would ensue.
5. Steven Slater’s Taco Bell. Slater would work the drive-thru at Taco Bell while famous actors and celebrities would try to get a rise out of him, which would undoubtedly lead to many awkward confrontations.
6. Steven Slater’s Customer Service Desk at Atlanta International Airport. Slater would be filmed as he talks to stranded and upset passengers and attempts to cool their nerves without having a nervous breakdown.
7. Steven Slater’s Disgruntled Employees Hotline. Slater would field calls from disgruntled employees around the country and give them advice about how to quit their jobs, such as should they jump out of window and make a daring escape with a bungee cord to escape a hostile work environment.
8. Steven Slater Cabin Boy. Slater would work on a cruise ship and get engaged in hilarious disagreements with passengers which would be largely staged for the audience’s benefit. If Slater became especially upset he would jump into a life boat and cut the ropes so it plunges down into the water. Carnival cruises has expressed interest in this idea.
9. Steven Slater’s White Water Rafting Adventure. Putting his airline steward skills to good use, Slater would attempt to guide a group of 6 unruly passengers each week through a treacherous series of white water rapids and fast moving currents.
10. Steven Slater AmTrak Adventure. Slater would be hired by AmTrak as a porter while a camera crew follows his every move. On occasion Slater would jump from the moving train if passengers got too unruly.
For the top ten reasons why UC Berkley wanted to perform genetic tests on incoming students click here.