It was recently in the news that President Obama’s gulf coast recovery chief, Ray Mabus, was also holding down a part time job as the Navy secretary. Critics said that the job of being in charge of the gulf coasts long-term restoration is a fulltime job, and should be filled by someone who can devote their entire energies to this presumably massive task. The White House has held fast in their assessment that Ray Mabus will be able to do both jobs at the same time. Considering that the country’s currently involved in two wars, and that there are a variety of naval hot spots around the world, some environmentalists are concerned that he won’t be able to devote his full attention to the restoration project. However, press secretary Robert Gibbs made a list of a number of administration officials who also have part time jobs in addition to what are normally full time appointments. Here are the top ten over worked bureaucrats in the federal government and their part time jobs:
1. Hillary Clinton, who is currently Secretary of State, also on the weekends supervises the running of Sea World in San Diego. When asked about her part time job, she stated that being Secretary of State was something that and require a lot of long weekends and allowed her to get a second job in order to pay off debts from her failed presidential campaign.
2. Joe Biden, in addition to being the vice president, also works part time on the weekend at the downtown Baltimore Amtrak train station as a porter. He does so not out of the need for money, but rather because you love strains so much. He responded to inquiries about his part time job by stating, “the vice president really doesn’t do much. Who do you think I am, Dick Cheney?”
3. Michelle Obama, in addition to being First Lady, also is the president and CEO of Nestle, and also teaches law classes at Princeton on a part time basis.
4. Even Malia and Sasha Obama have part time jobs in the Library of Congress where they work each Saturdays for four hours. They spend their time reading and taking notes of all of the secrets in the “President’s Book”, which frees up time for their Dad.
5. Bo the White House job has been moonlighting for years as the new spokes dog for “Kibbles and Bits”, as well as being a spokesperson for “General Tsao’s Real Dog Meat Hotdogs” in China. When asked about his part time jobs, Bo barked at reporters and ran outside.
6. President Clinton, besides fulfilling the traditional speaking engagements of an ex-president, also helps out by polishing each of the national monuments in Washington, DC every couple months, and by working part time as an intern in the Supreme Court.
7. Senator John Mccain, besides the fulfilling the duties of a senator, also is the CEO of “War Monger Weapons International” which provides arms to a variety of dictatorships worldwide, in addition to working as a hospitality host at the Shanghai Hilton.
8. Senator John Kerry has a part time job as a professional food taster for a number of national airlines, in addition to ironically giving swift boat tours of the Potomac for tourists.
9. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor runs a health food business in Brooklyn, in addition to frequently volunteering at the local Red Cross in Washington D.C..
10. CIA chief Leon Panetta also works part time at the Russian Embassy in Washington D.C. giving English lessons to foreign diplomats.
For the top ten Smurf Mysteries, click here: