Sometimes, the honeymoon can be the make or break scene for couples. Maybe they never really spent a whole week together before. Or, perhaps they jumped into the marriage without getting to know each other. Whatever the case, these top ten must-see honeymoon movies will show you all the antics that come about once two people get married and decide, it’s ’til death do them part! Some of them just might be changing their minds soon.
1. Just Married (2003). Starring Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy, this is my choice for the best honeymoon movie of all times. It’s a hilarious movie about what can go wrong when you want everything to go right. In this case, the two didn’t know each other well enough before taking the plunge. Oh well, now you’re finding out things you didn’t even want to know ever!
2. Honeymoon in Vegas (1992). Nicholas Cage and Sarah Jessica Parker are engaged to be married, and decide to do it in Vegas. When they arrive, a professional gambler becomes interested in Parker’s character, Betsy. She looks like his late wife. He sets up a poker game where Cage’s character Jack ends up losing thousands of dollars. Then, he makes an agreement that if Betsy spends the weekend with him, he will erase Jack’s gambling debt. The deal is sealed when sex is taken out of the equation. The gambler takes Betsy to Hawaii, and plans to make her marry him. Jack has to find her, and stop this before it happens so he can marry her himself! This comical movie is more about the events leading up to the honeymoon, just so it can end up taking place!
3. The Heartbreak Kid (2007). Eddie (played by Ben Stiller) has been a bachelor for a long time, so he finally decides to get hitched to a beautiful blonde without getting to know her. After the wedding, the two head towards Mexico on a road trip to spend their honeymoon. It doesn’t take Eddie long to discover that he made a mistake. Once arriving in Mexico, he meets the girl he should have been with all along, and has to figure out how to end this marriage so he can be with her.
4. The Heartbreak Kid (1972). This is the original comical honeymoon movie about the bachelor who marries a beautiful woman before he gets to know her, then realizing he has made a mistake. He then finds the woman of his dreams once he gets on his honeymoon. The original received better reviews than the remake, but I enjoyed Ben Stiller’s character in the second one. Both are worth watching!
5. Haunted Honeymoon (1986). If you’ve never had the chance to watch a movie with Gilda Radner and Gene Wilder, this honeymoon movie is an outstanding choice. The two decide to get married, and the honeymoon will be at a haunted mansion. There is a purpose for this. Wilder’s character is a radio show host, and he has begun to have speech impediments. His doctor thinks that getting scared to death may cure him. What a hilarious idea for a honeymoon! Enjoy!
6. Dark Honeymoon (2008). A man marries a woman he barely konws, and then discovers there is more to her than met the eye. On their honeymoon in Oregon, people around her start dying mysterious deaths. So what’s he to do? Now he’s married to her!
7. What Happens in Vegas (2008). What do you do when you wake up after a night of drunkenness in Vegas and find yourself married? Well, that’s the subject of this honeymoon movie starring Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher.
8. Once Upon a Honeymoon (1942). This is an oldie but goodie honeymoon movie starring Ginger Rogers and Cary Grant. It is set right before World War II, and the couple get married in Prague. The honeymoon, as you would call it, then unfolds as the two travel through different countries to evade the husband from being arrested. There are suspicions that he is a Nazi sympathizer. They are chased throughout Europe, in their attempts to finally get back to the United States.
9. The Honeymoon Killers (1970). Now, this is an odd movie. A couple become involved in criminal activity. Basically, the man pursues other women, as the woman watches. Then, the women are killed after he marries them for their money.
10. Zombie Honeymoon (2004). A newlywed couple decide to vacation for their honeymoon at New Jersey’s beaches. A zombie attacks the husband, causing him to become a zombie himself. The wife then sets out to try and prevent her husband from killing others so they can try and live a normal life. Is it possible?
What are your favorite honeymoon movies?