Though Akron has quite a few great restaurants, there are a few worth mentioning for your next romantic undertaking. Covering a range of prices and ambiance, these Akron restaurants are great for a table for two.
1. Cilantro: This downtown Akron restaurant is classy and not too pricey. Featuring some of the best Thai food I’ve ever had, Cilantro offers not only sophisticated atmosphere, but great taste. It has the perfect blend of casual and class-which means it is ideal for dressing up a bit. I find it to be quiet enough to have a conversation as well, which bodes well for any romantic evening!
2. Crave: Like Cilantro, this Akron restaurant is located downtown, and also embraces class. With a great martini menu and a menu that covers a variety of tastes, Crave is a great option for foodies that want to have a little fun on their date. There are cozy booths as well, for a more intimate atmosphere. There’s nothing like cuddling up to your sweetie while enjoying a drink together.
3. 750ml Wines: Though it is more wine bar than restaurant, 750ml Wines is worth noting. It is located in Pilgrim’s square in Fairlawn, and despite what you may think is not too pricey. The food is fantastic, and there is nothing more romantic than sharing a bottle of your favorite wine. The atmosphere is cozy and intimate-the seating varies, but includes comfortable armchairs side by side. That’s my kind of date!
4. Vegetarian: Though some may shy away from this Akron restaurant because of its Vegan appeal, there is most certainly room for omnivores. Vegiterranean is located to the North of downtown Akron, and houses some of the best pasta dishes (as well as other delightful offerings) with a comfortable and sophisticated setting, wonderful for a date night. The food is wonderful, and there is a great wine selection. Again, the restaurant is not too loud or boisterous, even on a busy night-making it perfect for romantic conversation.
5. Bricco: Speaking of pasta, Bricco is a downtown Akron Italian fusion restaurant that is fabulous for a romantic evening. The food is amazing-especially the pizza, perfect for sharing. This restaurant is a white tablecloth, candle-lit deal that doesn’t get any better for a date night. The drink selection is fabulous, and the atmosphere is perfect for conversation and feeling the night is particularly special.
Whether you’re celebrating an anniversary, or just trying to have a romantic night together out on the town, it’s essential to pick the right restaurant. Thankfully us Akronites have a wonderful variety of fabulous date night restaurants to choose from. Don’t forget to celebrate those “just because” nights-they’re the ones you’ll remember!