If you are a single mom, then you already have enough on your plate without worrying about how to go about dating. If you are recently single with kids, it could be that it’s been awhile since you were on the dating scene. This is why the top books in dating or online dating can help you learn more about tackling this sometimes stressful part of your life.
If you’re looking for info on dating with kids, avoiding common mistakes made by single dating moms and more, you can bet there is a book for it. But what single mom has time to search the book shelves and find the right books to actually help?
Here are the top five books on dating for single moms:
1. Single Mom Seeking: Playdates, Blind Dates and Other Dispatches from the Dating World by Rachel Sarah – A frank and candid autobiographical story of dating as a single mom. This book is a diary-style confession of single mom dating as Rachel shares many hilarious, embarrassing stories from her own dating experiences. This book reads much like a late night phone call with a close friend and single moms will surely be able to relate.
2. Mom, There’s a Man in the Kitchen and He’s Wearing Your Robe: The Single Mom’s Guide to Dating Well without Parenting Poorly by Ellie Slott Fisher – There are many challenges that single moms have to face when it comes to dating or re-entering the dating scene. Fisher’s book explores these challenges in a non-judgmental way that other single moms can easily relate to. She offers solid advice in an understanding way that will help you make the most of your single mom dating efforts and come out on top with your kids and your love life.
3. Sex and the Single Mom: The Essential Guide to Dating, Mating and Relating by Sharon McKenna – This is not your typical how-to book and in this book you will discover how to learn what you really want out of a relationship as well as what steps to take to get that. It’s about celebrating the real you and finding someone who can appreciate that as much as you do. It’s also about balancing the different roles you must hold a single mom.
4. Finding the Right Man for You: Dating Advice for Women by Lawrence J. Danks – This book wasn’t written specifically for the single mom in mind but it is loaded with valuable information to help you get back out on the dating scene now that you have kids. You can glean a great deal of wisdom about finding the right partner and how to go about your search for love. Learn about dealing with divorce, evaluating your situation, defeating hurt and anger and other valuable tools to help the single mom re-enter the dating scene in a healthy way.
5. I Can’t Believe I’m Buying this Book: A Commonsense Guide to Successful Internet Dating by Evan Marc Katz – Any single mom entering the dating scene will likely have heard about Internet dating even if she’s never tried it for herself. Sometimes you just need to get away from the normal crowd of men and meet someone new. But along with all the benefits to online dating, there are just as many pitfalls and dangers. This book can be your guide to internet dating done right.
Now that you know these top five books on dating for single moms, you can check them out for yourself. Just because you’re a mom doesn’t mean you have to give up dating or finding love and happiness. These books will help you find success in this.