There are a number of great romantic comedies which a mother and daughter can enjoy together on Mother’s Day. No matter what the age difference between you is, you will be likely to find many of these movies funny when watching them together. Here are my top 10 romantic comedy movies for Mother’s Day, in random order.
1. Knocked Up – What better movie to watch on Mother’s Day than a romantic comedy about getting pregnant? Allison Scott (Katherine Heigl), a celebrity news interviewer, finds herself in a bit of a pickle when she gets pregnant by Ben Stone (Seth Rogen), an illegal citizen who spends way too much time partying.
2. Baby Mama – This is another one of the best romantic comedy movies for Mother’s Day because it focuses on pregnancy. Kate Holbrook (Tina Fey) is a professional who wants to get pregnant, so she asks lower-class Angie Ostrowiski (Amy Poehler) to be her surrogate mother. When Angie moves in, the “baby mama” drama begins.
3. Look Who’s Talking – An oldie, but goodie, romantic comedy to enjoy with one another on Mother’s Day which also focuses on pregnancy. Mollie (Kirstie Alley) is an account who gets impregnated by one of her married clients. When he goes back to his wife, she finds herself all alone to raise their baby – until she meets taxi driver James (John Travolta).
4. Where the Heart Is – At 17 years old, Novalee Nation (Natalie Portman) is abandoned by her boyfriend at a Wal-Mart. With absolutely no money and only the clothes on her back, Novalee lives inside Wal-Mart until she gives birth. She slowly falls in love with Forney (James Frain), the cute librarian who helped deliver her baby at Wal-Mart. This is a wonderful romantic comedy to watch on Mother’s Day!
5. Because I Said So – Daphne Wilder (Diane Keaton) finds a guy for her daughter Milly (Mandy Moore) by creating an online dating ad for her – without letting her know. This is a really cute romantic comedy that mothers and daughters can enjoy together!
6. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days – No matter what your age is, it is likely that you will be able to appreciate this romantic comedy on Mother’s Day. Andie Anderson (Kate Hudson) has to figure out how to chase a guy away. She finds Benjamin Barry (Matthew McConaughey) who has to make a girl fall in love with him. Who will succeed?
7. Meet the Parents – Greg Focker (Ben Stiller) goes home with his girlfriend to meet her family before proposing to her. He finds himself continuously challenged by her father, Jack Byrnes (Robert DeNiro). Can their relationship last? Already seen it? Consider watching the sequel, Meet the Fockers, on Mother’s Day instead.
8. Sweet Home Alabama – This is another one of the best romantic comedies to watch on Mother’s Day. Melanie Smoother (Reese Witherspoon) comes back home to Alabama to get her husband to sign divorce papers so that she can get married again.
9. Bride Wars – This is a romantic comedy that all women will love to watch on Mother’s Day. Liv (Kate Hudson) and Emma (Anne Hathaway) always knew that they would be each other’s maid of honor at the wedding they planned at the same place. Or so they thought. Liv and Emma plan their weddings for the same day, and end up becoming rivals.
10. The Proposal – Editor-in-chief Margaret Tate (Sandra Bullock) forces her assistant Andrew Paxton (Ryan Reynolds) to marry her in order to prevent deportation. To make it appear authentic, they visit his family in Alaska where Maggie finds herself falling for not only Andrew, but his crazy grandma (Betty White) and other family members as well.
These are my top 10 romantic comedy movies to watch on Mother’s Day. For lots of laughs and maybe even some tears, you’ll want to consider one of the movies mentioned above.