Eminem has dominated the write rapper genre for nearly 10 years with many hit singles and albums that landed him to fame. After the bomb of Eminem’s last album, Relapse, fans were let down with his new style of rapping, but with his new single “Not Afraid”, we see the old rapper coming back. This list will look at 10 of Eminem’s best songs released.
1. Not Afraid– Having dominated the number one spot on the top 100 songs during April; the single “Not Afraid” is a heart-felt pump up song. In the song Eminem mentioned his previous CD, Relapse, and said how he was coming back to bring fans what they want. The new album, The Recovery has a set release date of June 22, 2010.
2. Lose Yourself– Lose Yourself is one of my favorite Eminem songs of all time. The song is a pump-up song from the very beginning with fierce lyrics, and great rhyming skills.
3. The Real Slim Shady– This song is arguably one of the most famous songs that landed Eminem the fame he has now. The rap is lyrically inappropriate, criticizes conservative culture, and speaks to young adults who relish the “fighting the system” mentality.
4. Stan– Stan is about a fan who practically worships Eminem. The fan eventually kills his girlfriend and commits suicide in the song because Eminem did not talk to him after a concert or write back to him.
5. When I’m Gone– When I’m Gone is about how much Eminem loves his daughter and the sacrifices’ he has had to go through. The song is meaningful and powerful, and speaks to an audience who has sacrificed a lot to get ahead.
6. Superman– Superman is one of my absolute favorite songs on The Eminem Show. The lyrics are about how the women in Eminem’s life only love him for his fame and not for who he really is. Great song.
7. ‘Till I Collapse– This song is an amazing pump-up song, I listen to it at the gym every day. The duo of Nate Dogg and Eminem is perfect, with fierce charged lyrics that speak to a broad audience that is trying to make it in the world.
8. Cleaning Out My Closet– This song is a diss to Eminem’s mother who did not believe in him in the early years. The song brings up a lot of past stuff that Eminem has had to deal with, which makes it feel emotional and powerful.
9. Without Me– Without Me takes an aim at culture and has remarkably catchy lyrics. This older song is still a favorite of Eminem fans.
10. The Way I Am– No top 10 list of Eminem songs should be void of The Way I Am. The song can be heard at almost any college campus, and speaks to anyone looking for a great workout or pregame song. Lyrics such as “radio won’t even play my jam”, shows how Eminem takes aim at culture discriminating against him because of his lyrics.
Have suggestions for the list? Leave them in the comment section and we may add them to our top 20 list!