Wanting to look fashion smart whatever your age may be a goal for many of us that have entered the bracket we now call senior citizens. I know I want to look the best I can at all times even though I’m in the 60+ age group. It’s not as difficult as one may think to show a little sense of style and be considered a fashion savvy senior citizen. You don’t need to break the bank to achieve that look either. Here are some fashions tips and ideas on how to look your best whatever your age.
1. The black and white color scheme: Black and white has always been fashion smart and this season it seems more prevalent then ever. Most of us have black and white items in our wardrobes so there is probably no need to go and purchase a bunch of new clothes to get this hot look for summer. Pair a white top with a black bottom,( or vice versa) add a nice belt in either color, a scarf that carries both colors, a pair of black or white sandals and a handbag in a nice bright color if you prefer for that pop of color, and you’ll be the smartest looking senior citizen at the luncheon. A long multi strand necklace which is all the rage this summer could be something you may to purchase to complement your look, if you don’t have one. You can find them in almost any retail store that sells fashion jewelery for $20.00 or less.
2. Bold florals: Big, bright floral prints are a hot item in tops and dresses for the summer months. I suggest you may want to purchase one of these items to look fashion smart this summer. I wouldn’t go over board and purchase a number of these bright florals, but I think it would be nice to have a blouse or top in a soft flowy style in a georgette or silky polyester fabric for a fashion smart summer look. Combine them with your crop pants or any linen bottoms for a fresh cool look in your summer wardrobe. Anyone can pull off this look, whatever your age may be.
3. Jeans: Jeans have, and will only continue to be, a hot basic fashion item. Weather it’s a crop jean or regular jeans you can’t go wrong wearing your jeans. To be a fashion savvy looking senior citizen in your jeans, make sure the fit is right. Too baggy looking jeans could make you look dated, and if your jeans are too tight they may make you look like your trying to hard to look young and chic. Jeans run in every price range from $20.00 a pair to over $200.00+ a pair. You don’t need the most expensive pair of jeans to look fashion smart. Kmart, Kohls, JCPenney, and QVC are just a few of the retailers that carry good looking reasonably priced jeans.
4. Handbags: There is really no right or wrong handbag for the senior citizen to carry. Weather you prefer a bright color, something in the linen line for summer, a print, shiny patent or croc style, just make sure your handbag doesn’t clash with the rest of your outfit. You don’t need a designer handbag like the Coach or Donney & Burke brand (unless that’s what you prefer) to be right on trend with your handbag. The “designer looks” can be just as cool looking for a fraction of the cost. Target has a nice assortment of ladies handbags, as well as a number of other retailers for very good prices.
5. Cardigans: There is a newer style cardigan I have notice lately that I think looks very nice on the “mature” looking lady and I like it a lot. It’s called the flyaway style. It has a more what the style experts call the unconstructed look. This style usually has no buttons and is a little longer then the regular style cardigan and very loose and flowy looking. I have found some that I like on QVC, HSN and Chadwicks, although Kohls, and JCPenney also carry this style I have noticed.
I hope all you senior citizens out there will be able to incorporate these hot fashion items and tips into your wardrobes for fashion smart summer style.