The top three movies I would like to see turned into a feature film include:
1. Nineteen Minutesby Jodi Picoult should be made into a film. This book tells the tale of the main character Josie, her mother (a judge), and the rest of the town as they deal with the events surrounding a school shooting. The book does a good job at explaining the events that led up to the shooting as well as the events that follow. It also does a good job at allowing the reader to see the situation from multiple characters’ viewpoints.
• Peter (the shooter) should be played by Anton Yelchin
• Josie (the female lead) should be played by Emily Osment
• Alex (Josie’s mom who is a lawyer) should be played by Julia Roberts
Director: The film should be directed by Nick Cassavetes
2. Me & Emmaby Elizabeth Flock should also be made into a feature film. This book is a moving tale about the abusive home life of two young girls: Carrie who is eight and Emma who is six. The girls live in a home with their abusive father, Richard, and a mother who ignores the abuse that takes place. The reader is able to see the harrowing experiences these children face, and the outcomes of their lives. The novel is interspersed with bits of happiness that allow the reader to take a break from the violence, but these bits of information do not take away from the deep impact this story leaves on all who hear it.
• Carrie should be played by Elle Fanning
• Emma should be played by Maggie Jones
• Richard should be played by Gerard Butler
Director: The film should be directed by David Lynch
3. But inside I’m Screamingby Elizabeth Flock is a fantastic novel that should be turned into a feature film. The book transfers the reader into the world of a mental patient. The story is about a girl named Isabel who suffers a breakdown on live television. She then enters a four-star psychiatric hospital where she struggles to come to terms with the fact that she does belong there and should accept this fact before she is able to recover. This book would be an excellent film because of its ability to give the viewer a new perspective of what goes on inside someone else’s head.
• Isabelle is the most important character and should be played by Claire Danes
Director: This film should be directed by Ron Howard.
Each of these books should be made into feature films because of their ability to make the audience feel deep connections to the characters.