Summer is a quick season. To many, it may seem that it is over before they realize it. This may also mean that they didn’t get to do all the things that they wanted to do. For this reason, we all should stop now. Consider what we what to do before summer ends and begin doing them.
What may be some of these things?
• Going on a picnic: This could be a private picnic for two. This could be a picnic where all your friends and family joins in and becomes a real event.
• Take a walk in your local park. Have you noticed how your local park may have grown? Have you enjoyed your local park’s walkways? Now is the time to do just that.
• Just sit and the shade and relax. Nothing meets doing nothing on a hot summer day. Try it and see how much fun you can have.
• Read a book. You can do this on your porch, at the beach, in the shade, in your lounge. Just make it a fun book and do it outside.
• Drink a glass of your favorite summer time beverage. For many this may be a cool glass of ice tea. Some may prefer a cold glass of lemonade. You might even enjoy a summer time Pina Colado.
• Go to a baseball game. Have a favorite nephew who plays baseball? Why not watch him play.
• Bird watch. All you need is your eyes and a little bit of time.
• Enjoy the zoo. Make it more fun, by taking a child with you.
• Enjoy the fair. Experience some of the local fun. While you are there be sure to have a snack or two.
• Call up a friend you haven’t seen and make a plan to meet. Go to the neighborhood bar for a drink. Go out to eat. Go for a walk. Just hang out and have some fun.
• Visit a relative you haven’t seen in a while. You could visit a relative such as the aunt who never lives in a nursing home and make her feel like someone still does care.
• Walk in the rain. Is there anything better than a summer rain? Why not act like a child again and take a walk in it and enjoy how wonderful it feels against your skin.
• Turn on the music outside and don’t worry about what the neighbor’s thinks. Who cares if the neighbor’s don’t enjoy your taste in music? For an hour or so, enjoy listening to what you like. You don’t have to blast it. You just play it so you can hear it.
• Enjoy a few more steaks on the grill. Nothing is better than grilling your favorite foods in the summer.
Enjoy summer. Enjoy the freedom it represents. Enjoy the things you love now before summer ends.