I have had a number of comments on my flower pictures lately where AC contributors have said that they had run out of words to describe my pictures! These people are WRITERS, no less! With no words to describe things! So I felt sorry for them and wanted to make it easier for my fans to continue to comment on my pictures without the added pressure of being original with their comments. I know Linda Lou tries to help everyone learn super new words, but you can’t always wait for her to introduce the perfect word for your comments.
Nancy Tracy recently called the people viewing and commenting on my flower pictures “florafans”. So I have decided to announce the official formation of the “Mike Oberg Florafan Club”. In addition to being able to view my incredible floral slideshows, each member will have the following list of ready-made comments for my slideshows. These comments have been pre-approved by Mike Oberg and have been found to be pleasing to the eye and to my ego. So, just relax and let this list take the stress out of commenting.
There are two groups of comments: the first group is to honor the magnificence of the flower(s) and the second is to describe the brilliance of the photographer. You can pick from one or both groups as appropriate. To make it as easy as possible, instead of retyping the whole comment from the list, you can just refer to it as: Comment #4 or, simply, C#4. This will save typing and you will get the point across, since we have this master list for reference. If you forget the list or don’t have it handy, then just pick a number at random (1-20) and rest assured that it will be a great comment!
Here are the Florafan Club approved comments:
Group 1: Great Flower comments
1) I would rip up my whole garden and replace it with these flowers if I could!
2) These flowers make me swoon whenever I see them; I am so glad I’m sitting down!
3) I can smell the flower even through the Internet connection, it is so fragrant!
4) I have never seen such magnificence! Thank you for bringing these into my formerly bleak life!
5) These flowers remind me of my mother. Now I’m going to cry!
6) I am buying a plane ticket right now to come visit this garden and see this flower in person!
7) Those flowers won’t grow where I live, so I have decided to move!
8) These flowers are so regal, only royalty should be allowed to grow them!
9) Seeing these flowers have restored my muse; I am so grateful!
10) Beautiful flower(s)!
Group 2: Great Photographer comments
11) Mike, you are so gifted! You make the ordinary seem ethereal!
12) Mike, other photographers should make a pilgrimage to your door!
13) What camera are you using? It must be amazing, because I know you couldn’t have taken such outstanding pictures otherwise!
14) God must have placed you on this earth to post flower slideshows on AC!
15) These pictures look professional! They’re even better than I get with my cell phone!
16) I would love to buy a wall-sized print of this! In fact, the check is in the mail!
17) I love the way you captured this flower; I could look at it for hours (and then I’ll send you the bill for lost income)!
18) Mother Nature must have held the light just so, for you to get this image!
19) I don’t have room in this comment to describe the feelings your pictures have created in me — see my next AC article!
20) Wonderful pictures, as usual!
So, I hope this list will allow you to use all of your awesome vocabulary and creativity for writing your next AC article and not waste any of it on a comment for my floral slideshows. If you’ve read this far, you are automatically enrolled as a charter member of the Mike Oberg Florafan Club. Welcome! I know you will be glad you became a member and will save many hours in the coming months as you view my flower pictures and then quickly type your comment: “C#10 AND C#20!”
I look forward to your comments!