Stomach ulcers are painful occurrences which happen when the stomach lining is worn away by acids. After the acid produces wear in the lining of the stomach, small sores develop within the stomach and cause pain and discomfort. Unfortunately, many foods will irritate and worsen stomach ulcers, so those who suffer with this condition have to be very careful about their diet. Stomach ulcers can be treated with medications, but there are also several natural treatments that are available.
• Fresh cabbage juice-the juice from a fresh cabbage contains an amino acid which helps to strengthen the lining of the stomach. If the idea of drinking a glass full of cabbage juice does not seem appetizing, eating raw cabbage can also be beneficial as a treatment for stomach ulcers.
• Raw honey- this is an excellent treatment for stomach ulcers because it helps to heal and strengthen the stomach. While most grocery stores do not carry raw honey, it can be purchased at natural stores.
• Eating foods that are rich in fiber can help to treat stomach ulcers. Fresh vegetables and whole grain items contain fiber that will help to strengthen the stomach. It is fairly simple to add more fiber into your diet. One of the best things that you can do is to read labels. The nutritional information will let you know how much fiber is in a serving.
• German Chamomile- contains properties which act as an anti-inflammatory and also helps to calm the stomach.
• Licorice root- this natural product helps to prevent ulcers from forming. While this is not as helpful when ulcers occur, it can be used to prevent future pains.
• Eating bananas or plantains will help to reduce the hydrochloric acid within the stomach and in turn will sooth the pain that accompanies these ulcers.
• Reduce stress- this is one of the most important treatments for stomach ulcers because it is one of the leading causes of triggering stomach ulcers. Stress relief can be customized to you and can even include practices like yoga and Tai Chi.
While there are many natural treatments for stomach ulcers, one of the most important things that a person can do to prevent them for occurring in the future is to avoid specific foods and beverages. Some of the items that should be avoided include: coffee, alcohol, spicy foods, and foods containing large amounts of acid. After learned to monitor your diet more carefully, you will have less occurrences of stomach ulcers in the future.