Project Runway rocks. I think that it is the best reality show on television. I love fun and fashion. Project Runway has both of those elements in it. I also love the challenges, Tim, and Heidi. In addition, the contestants are a riot too. I have watched this show from the beginning. Therefore, I have seen some great challenges on the show and I have seen some fashion challenge mishaps on the show. So, here are the top five and the bottom five Project Runway challenges of all time.
1. The grocery store challenge was innovative. This was the first challenge on the show. I loved Austin’s dress created from corn husks. I wonder what he did with all the corn. I also liked Nora dress made from blue lawn chairs. This challenge had me hooked to Project Runway.
2. The Barbie challenge took me back to my childhood. I collect dolls; therefore, I loved the Barbie challenge. I bought Nick’s Barbie. I liked that his barbie was dressed in a green striped dress with head wrap. I also enjoyed the shoes that Nick created for his Barbie. I also liked Santino’s Barbie because she was dressed in pink and purple.
3. The Hershey challenge was yummy. Creating fashion from candy sounds like a fantasy. I wish I could have created fashion from chocolate. This challenge placed fashion designers in a candy store. I loved Jillian’s red licorice dress, and Chris’ Hershey print dress. I also ate up the dress created from peanut butter cup wrappers.
4. The garden challenge was colorful. I love color and flowers. I also thought that creating an outfit inspired by flowers was creative. I fell in love with both dresses that were inspired by purple flowers. I also liked this challenge because there is much inspiration and creativity found in nature.
5. The drag queen challenge thought outside the box. This challenge screamed creative and innovative. The drag queens and designers were funny. I liked Joe’s pink sailor outfit and Koto’s red hot creation for her drag queen. I also enjoyed seeing Chris March again. He was advising the designers on their drag queen creations.
1. The men’s challenge was a flop. This challenge was a fashion mistake. I hated every outfit on the runway. This challenge was probably the worst one in the show’s history.
2. The lingerie challenge had no sex appeal. I was disappointed by this challenge because I expected more from the designers. I didn’t care for any of the lingerie on the runway. I thought that Daniel’s team did an average job. I also thought that Santino’s team created a lingerie nightmare with their Germany inspired creation.
3. The recycled garbage challenge should have been thrown out. the reason that I didn’t enjoy the challenge was because I thought that Vincent should have gone home instead of Allison. Vincent made garbage out of garbage. Allison had a sense of humor with her outfit.
4. The blue challenge gave me the blues. I love blue and I love Macy’s.I thought the designers would be more creative when designing a blue outfit for Macy’s spring collection. However, one blue outfit would have been perfect for a pumpkin. Also, one blue outfit looked like nightmare night wear. The winning blue outfit was okay.
5. The Sarah Jessica Parker challenge was boring. The budget for this challenge was minuscule. The outfits were drab. In addition, Sarah Jessica Parker doesn’t seem like a fashion icon.
Project Runway is a television staple. It rocks right down the runway. There have been great challenges and there have been fashion challenge flops. However, Project Runway is sew good.
Source: Project Runway Seasons 1-7.