It’s relaxing to walk outside in the garden in the early evening or after the sun goes down. Trees, shrubs and flowerbeds appear magnificent with illumination from small lights pointing upwards. The ability to see where you’re going is a definite must when walking outside at night. With energy bills on the rise, it makes sense to use something different for garden lighting. Using solar power accomplishes this task.
Here are the advantages of using solar garden lighting:
• A wide variety of styles and lighting strengths are available to suit any gardening décor.
• Regardless of budget constraints, wide price ranges allow every gardener the ability to use solar garden lighting.
• There is no need to dig trenches and bury wires all over the garden. Most solar garden lights have stakes or hooks for fast installation.
• Solar garden lighting will never increase the electric bill- the power is obtained through small solar panels and never uses house electricity.
• Installation is accomplished by any gardener- no electrician, permits or inspections needed.
• Solar garden lighting can be used not only in the garden, but also to outline driveways and walkways to the house.
• Use solar garden lights to hang from a patio for your next party.
• Do not require a light switch at night- they come on by a sensor that detects lower light levels. In the morning, the sensor detects the sunrise and turns the light off.
• Contain a battery that charges during the night. These batteries are generally easy to replace and last for years.
Find the perfect addition to your garden everywhere from dollar stores, big box stores, DIY stores and at a host of online merchants. Prices range from a few dollars each for plastic lights to over a hundred for a set of four. Of course, those are made with copper or brass.
Take solar garden lights on your next camping trip. Use them to mark the way from the tent to the latrine, or make a circle around your campsite for fun and safety. Most animals won’t venture towards lights that appear unnaturally in nature. This also lets other campers know another campsite is near. They can either set up their camp as neighbors or find another spot.
RV’ers can also use these ingenious lights. Hanging from canopies or on the RV itself, they can become a nighttime decoration that doesn’t draw power from the main batteries.
Every garden and yard can benefit from using solar garden lighting products. So can every person who pays an electric bill.