Are you ready to get preppy? I have to admit, I’m one of those girly girls, so you know I had to write an article for my crew! Here are 8 fashion and makeup tips for anyone who wants to add a little priss to their look. First up is makeup!
I featured product references to a line called Mark. Mark is created by Avon, and is geared toward young women like you! It is called Mark because they are celebrating the mark young women are making in the world.
1. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. I mean “smoky eyes“, that is. But prissies don’t wear too much smoke, just a little to define the eyes. Take a dark gray shadow and blend it in the top lid all the way up to the crease. You may want to use an eye shadow brush for better blending. Then take a liner, and line the bottom lid. Then smooth the line with your finger for a soft smudge. Top it off with a little mascara, and voila! Smoky eyes! Try Mark Keep It Going Long Wear Eye Liner & Shadow duo in Entourage, $10
2. Twinkle, twinkle little star. Of course, the girly girls must make their skin glow! Dust a little bronzer or highlighter all over your face, neck and shoulders. Use a powder brush or blush brush, dip it in the powder, tap the excess off, and start dusting! You can also decide to use it only on the cheeks as a blush. Try Mark Good Glowing Mosaic Blush in Sandy, $7 or Glowdacious Illuminating Powder, $12.
3. I ain’t sayin’ she a gold digger. Gold lip color with peach and pink undertones are so pretty and preppy. This color is suitable for all skin tones. Of course, you apply this the way you apply all other glosses-but make sure you keep the color within the lip line! Try Mark Glow Baby Glow Hookup Lip Gloss In Honey & Sun Luxe, or Shine Tubes Hookup Lip Gloss in Sugared Almond, $6 each.
4. Purple rain. Let’s say you’re not into the smoky eye, and you prefer some color. Try a wash of purple! This is a shade that will never get old. Use the same application method as the smoky eye, just use purple instead. Try Mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow In Piccadilly & Lotus, $4, or Keep It Going Long Wear Eye Liner & Shadow duo in Industria, $10.
On to the fashion!
5. Plaid button up and jean vest. I remember when I saw this look on Vanessa Hudgens. I wanted to snatch it off the page and put it on myself! It was so cute! A plaid button up top is so simple, yet it can be casual or semi formal depending on how you wear it. Wearing it with a jean vest makes it look dressier. The jean vest should match the shirt, so be sure not to wear a jean that’s too dark or too light for the vest. The finishing touch: matching blue jean mini skirt or matching flats
6. Pink sweater. Sounds basic, but it’s crucial if you’re going to be a girly girl! These make you look sweet, polished….and prissy of course. You can try a hot pink or a light pink-any pink in between is good too. The finishing touch: pleated skirt
7. Pleated skirt. These come in so many different styles and materials. You can wear them in floral, plaid, or a solid color-whatever. These are a girly girl must have! The finishing touch: sweater or a button up with vest
8. Colored jeans. Lime green, yellow, red-you know, bright colors! These always make a big fashion statement and they are as cute as a button. Boot cut and skinny jeans are the best pick for this style. The finishing touch: ankle boots or flats
Well, what do you think? Any other trends I should have added? Leave your thoughts in the comments box, and I’ll feature your suggestion and your name (it can be your real name, Twitter name, Facebook name, whatever) in a future fashion trend article!
To view Mark products and accessories, click here: www.youravon.com/chastideehudson
Other Associated Content articles you may be interested in:
Natural Beauty! 5 Beauty Enhancing Makeup Tips for Teenage Girls
Selling Mark Cosmetics: Pros, Cons, Tips, & Tricks
Back-2-School 2010 Makeup & Fashion! 10 Must Haves & Trends for Teenage Girls
If you would like to receive emails of my future article links, click on my profile, then click “Follow”. Also, follow VanityGoddess on Twitter and MySpace!