1.Suicide manifests a lack of faith in God, who has promised to meet a Christian’s every need. (Phil 4.19)
2.Suicide is disobedience to God’s command that Christians are to LIVE by faith. (Rom 1.17)
3.Suicide is murder of one’s own self. As such, suicide disobeys God’s command not to commit murder. (Exod 20.13)
4.Suicide violates the fact that a Christian’s body belongs to God. (1 Cor 6.19)
5. Suicide is killing ourselves and not willing to choose life. (Deuteronomy 30:19)
6. Suicide usurps the power that belongs only to God.(1Corinthians 6:19-20)
7. Suicide is self-murder and no murderer has eternal life (I Jn. 3:15)
8. A person who chooses to live is using a blessing from God. A person who kills himself is using the power of the Devil. [Psalm 64:1; Revelation 21:4; 1 Corinthians 15:26)
9. Suicider might end his life because of the problems and circumstances. But if we trust God we can overcome anything (1 Corinthians 10:13)
10. God has a purpose for every person’s life. Instead of destroying life, we should use it to serve God.( Romans 12:1)
11. Suicide is not the answer to despair, disappointments or troubles. God loves us and is concerned about everything in our lives. (Matthew 10:29-31, Romans 8:28)
The Bible mentions people who committed suicide because of wickedness and sin:
Abimelech – Judges 9:50-56
Abimelech was a wicked man who usurped leadership of Israel. When a woman dropped a millstone on his head, he had his armor-bearer kill him so people would not say he was killed by a woman.
King Saul – 1 Samuel 31:3-5
Saul rebelled against God, so God rejected Him as king. He was about to be captured in battle, and fearing torture, he asked his armor-bearer to kill him. He refused, so Saul fell on his sword and the armor-bearer did the same. [1 Chronicles 10:4,5; cf. 2 Samuel 1:1-16]
Ahithophel – 2 Samuel 17:23
Ahithophel was an advisor who encouraged Absalom to rebel against David. He gave advice that would have led to David’s defeat, but the advice was not taken and David escaped. He hanged himself.
Zimri – 1 Kings 16:18
Zimri was a wicked man who killed the king of Israel and reigned 7 days. Then Omri led Israel against Zimri. Seeing he would be defeated, he burned his house down around himself.
Judas Iscariot – Matthew 27:3-5; Acts 1:18
Judas betrayed Jesus, then realizing his guilt, he hanged himself.
Conclusion: For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men, training us to renounce irreligion and worldly passions, and to live sober, upright, and godly lives in this world, awaiting our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all iniquity and to purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds. Titus 2:11-13