When searching for a used car there are many buyers who tend to overlook the great values and sweet deals which can be found when purchasing a used luxury car. There are a good number of really nice used Luxury cars on the market as a result of former owners upgrading to newer models and the trade ins are still really fresh.
The definition of luxury car is actually a bit more complex than we may at first realize, and contrary to certain government offices, it is not based solely on the selling price of the vehicle. To many it is basically that the car is expensive, but to a purist it may be that there is a specific make and model that is coveted for it’s amenities, and yet to others it is simply a car that expresses a specific upscale image about its owner. Luxury cars pay great attention to details and goodies, and much less focus is paid to the practicality of the included options. In the old days it was simple, a luxury car had all the options included and it cost you fortune to buy one new.
Now a decent three year old luxury car can be bought for less than the average SUV costs new. I have compiled a list of what I feel are the top six best used luxury cars based on the following criteria:
A) Affordable value, how much bang for your buck?
B) Status symbol credits, do the neighbors envy it?
C) Is it really plush and luxurious?
D) Does it go fast?
The basics for comparing all luxury cars is a very subjective system based on the values of the American buying public. We admire those vehicles which we feel are above the rest in their appointments and comforts. It can also be partially based on the level of status symbol which the car represents.
The final point that many consumers focus on is the purchase price of the vehicle. There are some models that meet the expense guideline, but miss in the status window, or perhaps they fall short in gaining the envy of your neighbors. For example, a well equipped Buick sedan can set you back close to $45,000 but when you compare it to a similarly priced (used) Mercedes, which one do you think the neighbors will want to have in their driveway next month? Most likely they would envy the Mercedes, especially if it is a model which they have always admired.
So based on my automotive knowledge and a love for everything about cars, plus some basic Internet and newspaper research, I have come up my list of the six best used luxury car buys for model year 2007 being purchased in 2010.
1) Getting into a 2007 Infiniti G35 Mid Size Coupe for around $22,000 does not seem like a bad deal to me.
These cars have earned their badge as fine luxury cars over the years and their sticker prices have risen accordingly. I would take a nice used G35 over other new cars that cost much more.
2) If you have ever considered buying a BMW 3 series, then you may be surprised to find that a well maintained 2007 BMW 3 series may cost you less than $24,000. This is one used car which represents a fairly nice level of achievement in terms of driving a legitimate status symbol.
3) 2007 Mercedes Benz CLK Class Compact Coupe can be bought for about $25,000. It seems these are very popular cars with buyers who want luxury cars but do not want to spend half the family fortune to own one. These are every bit as luxurious as their more expensive cousins, and they are very sporty as well.
4) If you love everything Porsche and want to get into a decent entry level luxury car in a used model, then the 2007 Cayman Compact Coupe may be just for you. These can be found for just over $30,000. Porsche has a long record of making nimble and fast cars and this model is no exception to that rule. These Caymans are quite capable cars and they are very luxurious, even for an entry level Porsche.
5) 2007 Jaguar XK Series Mid Size Coupe for around $39,000. I have always seen the modern Jaguar cars as one of the most Luxurious cars that I have ever been in. The XK series certainly has its pedigree in the luxury car arena. Having a Jaguar in your driveway for less than a new Cadillac can be quite worth the research it takes to find one of these awesome deals.
6) 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe in Sapphire Blue with Chancellor Red interior for just $74,000 now that is what I would consider true luxury! A super fast and super luxurious car that turns heads in every situation would be a really nice car to drive down to the local grocery store on a Saturday morning. These cars have been a mainstay of Hollywood for many years now and they have claimed a space in history being shown in a number of James Bond films over the years.
So when it comes time to look for a quality used car, keep your mind open to some of these fine luxury automobiles and you may just surprise yourself by driving home a classy use luxury car someday. I see three year old cars on the used lots which are sometimes nicer than their newer cousins, if nothing else because they were exceptionally equipped when purchased new.
Thanks for reading my articles on AC-Yahoo!, and please comment if you wish.