Here are some simple tips to protect your skin from the elements and keep it looking fresh, healthy, and young. After all, your skin is the largest organ of the body. Keep it glowing and silky smooth all year round.
- Drink plenty of water. Most doctors recommend 6 to 8, 8 oz glasses per day. If you find it hard to drink this much water, try adding Crystal Light Skin Essentials in Pomegranate Lemonade flavor or White Peach Tea . They are individually packaged and pre-measured for a 16.9 oz water bottle. They are refreshing and have anti-oxidant vitamins A, C, and E, plus a plant extract to help nourish your skin from the inside out. Drink 2 per day for best results. Only 5 calories per serving. Box of 7 packets for around $3.
- Eat a well-balanced diet with lot of fruits & veggies. Obviously, if you put healthier, vitamin-rich foods into your diet, your body will respond by looking and feeling better. Adding more fruits & veggies to your diet can improve the appearance of your skin and make it healthier overall. Eat fruits and veggies, that are high in anti-oxidants, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- Get 30 minutes of cardio exercise daily. We all know that exercise can help us lose weight and keep us toned, but getting daily exercise can also have a huge impact on the way our skin looks and feels. It can remove toxins from your body and can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Get enough sleep. Sometimes, this is a lot easier said than done. Most people need about 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night; some people need a bit more, some a bit less. Lack of sleep can cause dark circles under the eyes and puffiness. It can also make skin appear dull and unhealthy. Just like the rest of our body, our skin needs sleep too. We all need our “beauty sleep”.
- Don’t smoke and if you do, quit. Again, a lot easier said than done. Smoking ages your skin and causes wrinkles and discoloration of the skin on the hands and face. If you have a hard time quitting on your own, ask your doctor for some advice.
- Avoid alcohol. Drinking alcohol can rob our bodies of moisture, our skin too. If you do have a drink or two, make sure that you keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water too.
- Limit your caffeine intake. Caffeine can keep your body from absorbing vitamins and minerals crucial to beautiful skin. Caffeine can also increase the appearance of cellulite.
- Don’t rub your eyes. Rubbing your eyes when you are tired can stretch skin causing it to droop and sag, and can make wrinkles worse.
- Wash your face in the morning and at night. Try Garnier Nutri-Pure Daily Exfoliating Cleanser for about $5. This cleanser gently exfoliates and detoxifies your skin, unclogging pores and eliminating bacteria. A great cleanser for all skin types.
- Remove makeup before bed. Be sure to remove make-up every night before you go to bed. Leaving make-up on while you sleep overnight can clog pores, cause pimples and dark circles, and even cause eye infections. Try Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes for about $8. Gently and effectively removes makeup with out leaving skin around eyes oily.
- Use a moisturizer with SPF on your face everyday. Try Clean & Clear Oil-Free Morning Glow Moisturizer with SPF 15. Moisturizes and protects skin from the sun without clogging pores. Yummy citrus scent for about $4.
- Don’t pop or pick at your pimples. Pimples are full of debris and bacteria and “popping” them or picking at them can actually force the bacteria deeper into the pore. It can also cause a small pimple to turn into a cyst or nodule, or even a painful lesion. This also cause scarring and can make acne worse. Try an overnight zit zapper like Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment. Cleans deep down to remove bacteria and redness overnight, without drying out your skin.
- Use Sunscreen. Protect your skin from harmful UV rays and sunburn. Try Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray with SPF 50. A broad spectrum sunblock in a convenient spray for about $10
- Exfoliate your skin. Exfoliate to reveal fresh, young, healthy, skin. Try Caress Tahitian Renewal Silkening Body Wash with Exfoliating Pomegranate. This body wash exfoliates, moisturizes, and smells amazing for $4.
For more information on Crystal Light Skin Essentials, visit:
For more information on Garnier Nutri-Pure Daily Exfoliating Cleanser, visit:
For more information on Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes, visit:
For more information on Clean & Clear Oil-Free Morning Glow Moisturizer with SPF 15, visit:
For more information on Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment, visit:
For more information on Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray with SPF 50, visit:
For more information on Caress Tahitian Renewal Silkening Body Wash, visit:
If you enjoyed this article, you can receive email alerts when new articles are published by clicking FOLLOW at the top of the page.