Road tripping this summer? Since you need to pack light, it’s important to stock up on some basic beauty essentials that will help you look your best day and night. You can protect your skin and look great with the right products by your side. When you’re hitting the road this summer, load up your makeup bag with these seven beauty essentials:
1. SPF-infused lip balm. You need as much sun protection as possible when you hit the road, so keep your lips well hydrated with an SPF-infused lip balm. Lip balm with SPF 15 or above is your best bet for reducing the risk of sun damage, and will also prevent chapping and blistering.
2. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. You don’t need to be driving or riding in a convertible to load up on sunscreen. UV rays can penetrate through windows and doors, and are even more powerful in the southern states. Make sure you’re wearing plenty of sunscreen, even when you’re going to be sitting in the car or truck for long periods of time.
3. Mineral makeup. Skip the liquid foundation that can be messy to reapply when you’re on the road, and stick with the more travel-friendly mineral makeup for lightweight, natural-looking coverage. Many drugstore makeup brands now make some great mineral makeup lines – try L’Oreal’s Bare natural Powdered Mineral Foundation or CoverGirl’s TruBlend Minerals to keep your skin looking fresh and flawless.
4. Tinted moisturizer. When you’re in need of a makeup touch up at the gas station, apply a light layer of tinted moisturizer to maintain a dewy look without looking overdone. Tinted moisturizer can give you some lightweight coverage, while keeping your skin looking super soft.
5. Cream-based eye shadow. Skip the powdered eye shadow and loose powder shades in favor of a portable and easy-to-apply cream-based shadow. This type of eye shadow goes on silky smooth and will give you that crease-free look you crave.
6. Clear lip gloss. When you’re going for the clean and natural look on your summer travels, don’t worry about lipstick and colored lip gloss that may or may not look just right under natural light. Stick with a clear or nude-colored lip gloss to keep your lips moisturized and looking smooth all day.
7. Self-sharpening eyeliner. You probably won’t have the time – or the patience – to apply liquid eyeliner perfectly when you’re on the road, so stash a self-sharpening eyeliner instead. A quick sweep of eyeliner is all you really need to make your eyes stand out and maintain your natural look.
From mineral makeup to SPF-infused lip balm, stock up on these beauty essentials and hit the road with a natural, flawless look this summer!