It can be hard work looking for that perfect baby name for your baby girl. Parenting definitely starts before the baby is born, and picking a name is no easy feat. When your looking for an intriguing name for you baby girl, you might want to look outside the top 100 baby names and delve into other cultures. Romanian baby names are unique and have a beautiful sound to them. Set your baby girl a part by taking a look at these great names.
(1) Tereza: Nameberry is a great place to look for baby names, and it brings us this one which is a variation on Teresa. Just adding the “z” makes a usual sounding name more modern and hip. It’s a popular names in many parts of the world, but hasn’t quite found it’s way in the United States.
(2) Ema: With the massive popularity of Emma and Emily, Ema lets you have a trendy name, but still maintain your child’s individuality. It’s actually the Romanian form of Amy. It’s short, it’s sweet, and it’s to the point.
(3) Jenica: Much more like-able then the big 1980s and 1990s names that it sounds like. Jennifer and Jessica are dated, but Jenica is brand new! It is actually the Romanian form of Jane, but it has a great sound and the nicknames could be Jeni or Nic!
(4) Alina: This beautiful name also has a wonderful meaning, “to soothe.” It has a unique sound but a very normal nickname with Ali or add a twist with Lina. It’s simple and has all soft sounds making it roll right off the tongue.
(5) Daciana: Though it means “wolf,” Daciana has a very intriguing sound to it. Daci makes for a unique nickname, but the name can definitely grow with your little girl as she matures. It is definitely one to consider.
(6) Ileana: More unique than the aforementioned Alina, Ileana combines great sound combinations and means “torch” or “moon.” It is the Romanian form of Helen, and is definitely a great choice.
(7) Madalina: With all the Madisons and Madelines running around, you might think you don’t get to have the Maddy nickname you always wanted. However, Madalina is a choice that still sounds unique, feminine, and interesting.
(8) Mihaela: This is a great Romanian alternative to Mckayla. It doesn’t sound as cutesy as all the Mc and Mac names, but has a similar sound. It’s a very interesting name and would be beautiful on your baby girl.
(9) Sorina: It means “the sun” and is a great alternative to Serena or Selina. It sounds accessible, but still different enough to set your baby girl a part. Sori is a really cute nickname too!
(10) Violeta: This is the Romanian and Bulgarian form of Violet. With Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner choosing Violet for their daughter, flower names have definitely risen in popularity. This is a great twist on a flower favorite!