Romanian baby names are definitely not in our top 1000, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t worth checking out. There are so many Aiden, Jaden, and Cadens that we see running around the playground these days, it is definitely time for a change. Let’s take a look at some of the best names for boys from Romania.
(1) Henric: According to Nameberry, Henric is the Romanian form of Henry. It definitely has a classier more intriguing sound than Henry. It’s like the perfect combination of Henry and Eric.
(2) Ilie: The Romanian name for of Elias, Ilie means, “the lord is my god.” It has a really nice, simple sound. It borders on sounding like a nickname, and also in our country might work best on a baby girl.
(3) Ioan: Pronounced like Johan, this could be a great name for anyone who is a fan of names like Joaquin. It might be spelled a little different than it looks, but that’s part of its charm.
(4) Iosua: The Romanian for of Josua is both interesting to look at and to say. The great thing about these Romanian names is you can still name your child a form of Joshua without a million other Iosuas running around.
(5) Matheiu: Matthew is a name we hear all the time, but Matheiu is one of the many great alternatives to Matthew. It has a modern and unique feel.
(6) Simion: Both French and Romanian, Simion is a really great choice for a baby boy. It’s hipper than Simon and is a cute name for a baby, but could easily work on a grown man.
(7) Vasile: This name means “royal and kingly,” which is a great definition for your little boy’s name. It’s a sound for a name that is quite normal in Easter Europe, but not in the United States. It’s time for us to give it a try.
(8) Andrei: Babynology is another great place to look for baby names from Romania. Andrei is one of the most accessible names on this list and is a great alternative to the other popular names of the day.
(9) Beryx: What an interesting name! It has a fascinating letter combination and a great sound. It’s completely unique and has loads of potential.
(10) Codrin: Another interesting choice, Codrin has a unique sound and a cute nickname in “Coddy.” Definitely a great alternative to Cody.
(11) Emil: It doesn’t get much better than the definition of “excellent.” I love this name. It has a great, modern, and accessible sound. It is a name that stands out, but isn’t trying to draw attention to itself.
(12) Liviu: If you like Oliver, than Liviu is the name for you. It means “olive” and has a really cool sound to it. It’s definitely a name that no one would forget.