Many women would agree that mascara is the number one makeup essential in their makeup bag. This is also true for myself, seeing that I never leave the house without a few generous coats of this miracle product. Mascara instantly awakens your face and can lift your eyes dramatically. I am always on the hunt for a great mascara and have tried numerous ones over the years. Two weeks ago at my local drugstore, I spotted Rimmel London’s The Max Volume Flash Mascara. Being that I have never tried this one, I knew I had to purchase it.
First Impressions of Rimmel London’s The Max Volume Flash Mascara in 003 Extreme Black:
The very first thing I noticed about the mascara was that I loved the tube. It’s very fun looking because the color of the tube is a very hot pink. The beauty experts at Rimmel London knew exactly what they were doing when they came up with a hot pink mascara tube. It draws the eye to the mascara and makes any woman immediately want to buy it. Well, at least I did because I am a sucker for cute packaging. When I got the mascara home I was not all that impressed with the mascara wand style. It is a little smaller than I would have wanted but decided to give it a go anyway.
The Pros of Rimmel London’s The Max Volume Flash Mascara in 003 Extreme Black (after two weeks of continued use):
1. One coat of the mascara is really noticeable and does not take much for the product to really show up.
2. Even though I originally thought that I would not like the brush, it proved to be excellent in size to reach those important inner corner lashes.
3. I experienced no “bleeding mascara” problem the whole two weeks.
4. The formula is not too liquidy or not to dry which makes for a perfect consistency to evenly coat your lashes.
5. The mascara really did volumize my lashes.
6. The mascara does show up as really very black on the lashes.
The Cons of Rimmel London’s The Max Volume Flash Mascara in 003 Extreme Black (after two weeks of continued use):
1. The first few uses of the product were a little irritating due to the large amount of product that comes out on the brush. The more I used the mascara though, this did not happen as much.
2. The mascara dries really really quickly which makes it hard to apply more than one coat because as it dries it can look clumpy. (So work fast ladies!)
3. The lid on the packaging could be better. It seems to not close all the way and could eventually lead to faster dry up of the mascara.
Overall Feelings on the Product:
After two weeks of using The Max Volume Flash Mascara, I can truly say that I really do love it. This is Rimmel London’s best mascara yet. The brush is great for reaching all of your lashes equally and it really does stay on for a long time. I love how deep black it is as well. It really shows up easily on the darkest of lashes. For only around $8, this mascara is well worth the money. I have tried much more expensive mascaras that were absolutely not this good. If you are looking to try out a new type of mascara, I highly recommend this one. What I look for in a product is great results for an even better value. Rimmel London’s The Max Volume Flash Mascara easily fits into my great product vault.
I am not being compensated by Rimmel London for this review. All opinions are my own and this product was purchased with my own money.