Learning to make resin jewelry is a great way to make gifts for friends, family, and coworkers. Making resin jewelry involves taking a material called resin and using it as a varnish or adhesive to make jewelry with a with a glass like appearance. This is a great hobby for people to make stunning, inexpensive jewelry. Here is a brief overview of the things toy will need and how to make great resin jewelry.
Materials (Blick Art Materials)
Before you begin gather all your supplies which includes: your resin mixture such as Envirotex Light, scissors, a container such as a bowl for mixing, a bottle dropper, matches/lighter, glue, and rice or sand. You will also need to collect the items used to make your collage which could be anything from bottle caps and buttons to fabric pieces and yarn.
1) First gather all your materials and lay them out on a nice clean table you can work on. Then begin taking the items you collected to make the jewelry and make small collages that will be the jewelry. You don’t want to make these to large and remember you are going to be wearing these so make them express your style. Now that you have your jewelry pieces designed lightly glue them together using as little glue as possible.
2) Now take the bowl or other container you got and fill it with the rice or sand. Arrange your jewelry pieces in the sand/rice and be sure to level it out.
3) Now take your resin mixture and mix it according to the brand’s instructions. You should mix for at least three to four minutes to make sure it is all mixed together well. It should look bubbly and be very thick. Then add the mixture to your bottle dropper.
4) Now it’s time to pour your resin mixture on your jewelry pieces. This part is very important if you pour your mixture under the rim it will concave inside on itself. However if you fill it over the rim it will have a dome shape which some people prefer to have. However for your first time I suggest making it level with the rim or just barely above it.
5) If there are bubbles after you poor they usually go away in five minutes. If they don’t pop you can blow on them or hold the lighter or matches close to them.
6) Let the jewelry dry over night before touching it. Now that you have your pieces toy can attach them to necklaces, rings, bracelets, and earrings. They could also be used for any art projects or scrap booking projects you may have. There you go that’s how you make resin jewelry! Enjoy!
Here are some other websites and videos that will help you with anything else you need.
Jewelry Making Ideas
Resin Supplies and Tools