Orange County is the first Housewives series, and was such a surprise hit there are now multiple spin offs. While the participating ladies have changed, the 5 ladies on the show now are forces to be reckoned with. As it has been around the longest, there have been more casting changes than any other version of the series. Vicki Gunvalson is the only cast member who has been around since the very first season, now that Jeana Keough has left the building. With all the new blood, this season was the most difficult for Gunvalson, who was no longer ruling the roost. Through losing their houses, divorces, downsizing, and cat fights; it doesn’t get better than the first series! Let’s rank the five remaining ladies, who we are sure to see during season six!
(5) Alexis Bellino: The newest to the bunch, and just as young as Gretchen, Alexis is one big pile of hypocrisy. Her and her husband are wildly religious and put family first, however, they have three nannies. That’s right, Alexis is a stay at home with three nannies! They don’t go anywhere without a nanny, it’s appalling. All they talk about is being thankful for what god gave you, but Alexis gets plastic surgery procedures. Her husband gets flustered about Alexis trying on lingerie, but she always wears very revealing clothing. Alexis comes of as one of the most self absorbed people to ever hit reality television. That’s why she is last!
(4) Lynn Curtin: Oh boy, the Curtin’s are an interesting crew. Seemingly always high, they have strange parenting styles that lead it to seem like that are not parenting at all. Their daughters run wild and even worse, they are in big trouble money wise. They literally got evicted on camera, the notice given to their daughters. Despite the financial problems, Lynn and her 18 year old daughter Raquel got plastic surgery. Lynn now looks completely frozen. Even with all this drama in their lives, Lynn still essentially manages to be a tad boring.
(3) Tamra Barney: On the show since season three, Tamra has gone from fun loving and happy to having extremely difficult issues with her husband and son. We watch these shows to escape and have a little fun, and what was going on in Tamra’s life definitely took everything to a darker place. Simon, her soon to be ex-husband, was domineering and sometimes disturbing. His treatment of Vicki and Tamra was appalling. Hopefully, Tamra will bounce back season six and we’ll be able to see a stronger more confident woman on the other side.
(2) Gretchen Rossi: Newer to the seen, Gretchen may not be a great role model all the time, but she is full of life and entertaining. There is never a dull moment when she is around and it’s even funnier when she’s has a few drinks. With all the marital strife, she managed to bring heart to the show while caring for her cancer stricken fiance. Say what you want about Gretchen and Slade, but she seems to genuinely care for her deceased fiance’s kids and the well being of fellow housewife Lynn’s daughters. This show needed some young blood!
(1) Vicki Gunvalson: Love her or hate her, Vicki is the Orange County housewife that holds the show together. She has been there since the beginning and has a big personality. She’s a successful business woman, her marriage is back in order, and things can only go up from here with her and the other women. Vicki and Donn renewing their vows was one of the sweetest things on the show. Without her feisty, go get em personality, this would be a very different show. I think she’s a role model for women everywhere that you don’t need a man to be financially sound. I really hope that despite all of the fights and team ups on her this season that she will return for a sixth. The show just wouldn’t be the same without her.