The Real Housewives of New York are the most addictive of all the franchises. The second after the Orange County version, it has retained the same five women from the start. They have added women, but not replace women like Orange Country. This helps the story have more of an arch, and the third season has the same ladies we’ve loved since season one. With the amazing ratings of the season three finale, we should have no problem getting to see the New York housewives in our living room again soon! Now that there are seven, how will they rank? All of them are entertaining and intriguing women and it will definitely be hard to choose!
(7) LuAnn de Lesseps: LuAnn has always bothered me. She constantly is reminding her cast mates of manners and what it means to be classy. She isn’t very interesting and when she is on dates it is extremely awkward now that she is single. She manages to be the voice of reason some of the time, but also holds people up to extremely high standards and cannot take a joke. Now she is single and singing, and I daresay she might be worse than Kim from the Atlanta franchise. LuAnn is like-able, but not terribly fascinating. She’s along for the ride. If I have to hear her be called the Countess one more time, I might puke.
(6) Kelly Bensimon: Obviously, when we watch this show we want drama with a little bit of crazy. However, we also want to relate to the women and root for them as well. Bensimon, who joined the second season seemed a bit strange and in her own world at first. She immediately didn’t get along with Bethenny, but I was ready to give her the benefit of the doubt. She did seem to talk nonsense often and lie in a way that seemed pathological and confusing. This season brought everything out into the open. Bensimon is clearly unstable and has a personality disorder of some kind. I do not think it is safe for her to continue on the show.
(5) Jill Zarin: There was a time where I actually liked Jill, but that time has passed. Many viewers find themselves in Bethenny’s court, so if someone wrongs Bethenny, we tend to jump to her defense. This is what has caused Jill to drop so far down this list. As of late, Jill has come across as manipulative, mean, and unable to let go of a grudge. One comment from Bethenny, turned into Jill refusing to speak to her. Then Jill did a 180 constantly trying to get Bethenny back, which made it seem like she was never the bad guy in the first place. Jill has a lovely husband and a great daughter, but right now from one Jewish lady to another, calling yourself a Jewish mother doesn’t mean everyone has to play by your controlling rules.
(4) Alex McCord: At first, I could not get over how awkward Alex seemed to be. Now I love it! She has really come into her own on the show and doesn’t just sit around holding her tongue anymore. She is not afraid of Jill Zarin anymore, and she has been an amazing friend to Bethenny. I think Alex is such a different personality then we usually get on these shows, and her and her husband are such funny characters together. They have two songs and McCord recently wrote a book on parenting in the city.
(3) Sonja Morgan: One season with Sonja and I am in love. She is classy and calming, but still funny and full of life. She is a wonderful drama diffuser, but isn’t afraid to share her opinion. In Housewives lore, she should be sainted! She’s not afraid to talk about her sexuality and gets along with all of the housewives. I am so excited to see more of sexy Sonja! She deserves a medal of honor just for putting up with Kelly.
(2) Ramona Singer: At first I thought Ramona was a little crazy, but know I know she is lovably and usually drunk. All the things she would say that were a bit outlandish or inappropriate were after many glasses of wine. Ramona can be harsh when she gives you her opinion, but it has been really great to watch her learn and grow on the show. She apologizes for her mistakes and is also quick to forgive. She manages to be in a good place with all the ladies! She has an awesome marriage and a lovely daughter. She works hard at her businesses and always brings fun to any situation.
(1) Bethenny Frankel: To me, no one beats Bethenny. She is an entrepreneur and a chef. She tells it like it is and has great one liners. She’s striking and an extremely hard worker. We’ve gotten to see Bethenny fall in love and get pregnant, and successfully launch the skinny girl brand! I am hoping she’ll put a book out on staying healthy while you are pregnant! I would totally buy that. With hit books, a work out video, and a new marriage, her life is so interesting that she has her own spin off show!!! I am so excited for her, but I am also worried it means she won’t come back next season! Hopefully, she will be able to do both.