Two is always better than one. Couples costumes are always fun and interesting to see. If you plan to make an appearance with your partner and you need a quick last minute costume idea then this is the stop for you! Here are the current top five couples’ costumes (homemade) out there that are fun and easy:
1. The Salahis– These costumes will be absolutely hilarious! With all of the drama this dynamic duo has created, everyone will know who this party-crashing couple is. Go into your closet and find the fanciest thing you have. Dress yourself and your partner to the teeth. The best thing about this costume is that no one will be certain who you are and they will be forced to ask. When they find out that you are the Salahis they won’t be able to stop laughing! Do your best to act the part and pretend to overreact to whatever the fellow party goers say. This costume is easy because you already have all the supplies necessary for it in your closet. You also get the chance to show off your favorite outfit and impress everyone at the party with your stunning good looks. This costume is also a good excuse if you intend to crash a party.
2. Tourists– Get out those comfortable clothes that you packed on your last vacation. Anything with vibrant and colorful print is just perfect. This costume is by far the easiest because you just have to pile on the clothes that you wore on your last trip. Wear sunglasses and khakis and smear some sunscreen on your face. Don’t forget a disposable camera, a few brochures, and maybe even a map. Accessories: hat or baseball cap, fanny pack, over the shoulder bag.
3. Thing 1 and thing 2– Go out to a craft store and purchase: two red t-shirts, two pieces of white felt, fabric glue, blue hair color spray, and a sharpie. Now go home and cut out two circles from the felt. Outline the edges in black and very big in the center of one of them write a “1.” On the other circle, write a “2.” Then simply glue each of these fabric circles on one of the red shirts. Now take the blue temporary hair color and some hair spray and go outside. First, bend over and spray your hair with the hair spray. Once your hair starts to firm up, spray it with the blue hair color. Then hopefully your hair will stay straight up like the characters from The Cat in the Hat. Since you probably don’t have red pants, just wear jeans. There is nothing left to do for this costume and one of the best things about it is that you can wear the shirt again.
4. Edward and Bella Cullen– The characters from the twilight series dress like regular people, which is perfect for you. Throw something casual on. For Edward, think darker colors and for Bella aim for something with a long jacket. Now go through your makeup and use white eye shadow to create the appearance of pale skin. If you don’t own any face shimmer then go and pick some up. Put the shimmer all over yourself and your clothes. This is the funniest part of the costume. How else will anyone know that you are a vampire? This idea is so simple. Basically take whatever outfit you are wearing, throw some glitter on it and it’s done. Boys, remember to slick your hair up like a Jersey boy. You don’t need to wear vampire fangs because personally I hate them and I don’t feel like they are worth it. But if you don’t mind then fangs would be a nice touch.
5. Neo and Trinity– These costumes can be done in three easy steps. Step one: go into your closet and find the tightest, all black outfit you have. Step two: apply loads of hair gel to your hair and slick your hair back firmly against your head. Remember to run a comb through your hair once you slick it back. Step three: accessorize with oversized black sunglasses, black shoes/boots, etc. All and all, you can be ready with this costume in fifteen minutes.