Sometimes making your own Halloween costume is better than purchasing one at the store. That’s why there is a big need for easy and simple costume ideas that people can make on the spot. Here are the top five simple, last-minute Halloween costumes both individual adults and couples:
1. Lady Gaga- Lady Gaga’s styles are unique, trademark fashions. A lot of work goes into the styles that Lady Gaga creates, but you can mimic her designs easily and quickly from the comfort of your own home. In order to dress like lady gaga just try to think of your clothes a different way. Imagine what your clothes would look like if you put your arm through the head hole or put your legs through the arm holes. It seems that Lady Gaga can make anything fashionable. Check out her music video for the song ‘Telephone.’ Gel soda cans into your hair just like she does. This costume is simple and easy because you can wear anything and everything and this costume will turn out. What makes this costume so great is that women AND men can dress up as Lady Gaga.
2. Ballerina Zombie– You can get a convincing zombie look with very few supplies. Use eye makeup all over your face to give yourself pale skin and marks of discoloration. Then take a couple of old outfits and rip them up a little bit (don’t use scissors or else the cuts will look too clean). You can pick up fake blood anywhere. Just smear a little bit on your clothes. For this Zombie, pit up a pink leotard and a tutu. This costume is great because you can make it in about ten minutes and you can get out a little aggression ripping clothes while you are at it!
3. Turkey Dinner– This is one of the most fun Halloween costumes you can wear. To make a turkey dinner costume, start out with a tablecloth. Cut a hole in the center and pull it over your head. Then tie a small piece of rope around your waist to use as a belt. Now get a hot glue gun and use it to glue plastic silverware to the tablecloth you are wearing. The next thing to do is visit any costume store and find a turkey headdress. Trust me, they sell them everywhere. I have worn this costume numerous times before and people are always stunned with how cute and creative it is. A good plus for this costume is that it requires no other accessories than the ones listed. You don’t have to worry about wearing the right jewelry or fixing your hair.
4. Pimp- Go to a clothes resale shop. Search through the clothes until you find a wacky colored suit (believe me, you’ll find one). You really want to aim for a purple suit but other solid colors will still work. Now get a boa that closely matches or complements the color of the suit. Use this as the lining of your suit jacket and glue it on. Now purchase a cheap plastic top hat and use the boa to line this as well. You also will need to pick up some wacky colored shades and fake bling (you can pick this up at the local costume store). Slick your hair back with gel and if you can, bring a cane. This idea takes some shopping and searching but it is simple to put together and it is always classy and fun.
5. The Phantom of the Opera- This costume is as simple as it gets but it is always a favorite. You can either purchase a black cape or make one yourself. I will attack a link to a site that can help you make your own cape if you so choose. Then buy a white mask from a costume shop. Make sure that the outfit you wear under the cape is all black. Now, buy a single, fake black rose from a craft store like Michaels. Ta-da! Simple, cheap, and easy. This one takes fifth place because it is so easy that it loses marks for creativity.