If you are looking for an easy craft that you and a child can do, or one that you can do on your own, you should try creating paper flowers in a flower pot. The steps to take for this craft are pretty simple for both children and adults. The best part about paper flowers? They can live for as long as you would like!
If you want to create paper flowers in a flower pot, then I will show you the materials and steps to do just that. Of course you will need to make the paper flowers first. This is very easy to do. As a matter of fact, I have actually covered that already in an earlier article entitled “Making Paper Flowers”, which you can find by clicking here.
Once you follow the easy steps in that article and create your paper flowers, you will need to place them in their flower pot. Here are the materials and directions for placing your paper flowers in a pot.
Small empty flower pot.
Foam Stickers or buttons.
A few pieces of brown or black construction paper.
1. Of course, you will want to decorate your small empty flower pot. If you do not have one, then you can use plastic bowl or a plastic container. You can paint the entire flower pot or just paint patterns and designs on it. Then allow for the paint to dry.
2. Once the paint dries, you can glue buttons, beads, or craft confetti to it and let the glue dry. Or you can use stickers to decorate it. I would suggest the foam stickers, as it may be easier to peel them off if need be.
3. Once everything dries and you have made your paper flowers, you can now put them into the flower pot. Take the bottom of the pipe cleaner stems and tape them to the bottom of the inside of the flower pot. You can do that by slightly bending the bottom of the pipe cleaner, and putting a piece of tape across it, taping it to the flower pot.
4. Once all of the flowers are taped in, straighten out the pipe cleaner stems so that the paper flowers are sticking straight up. You can also do this as you are taping them in if you would like.
5. Now, take the pieces of the brown or black construction paper and crumple them up into a paper ball. You may need to flatten one end just a little bit. They will act as the dirt in the flower pot.
6. Take a piece of tape and fold it, so it is almost like a small circle of tape (or like it is two-sided). You will need one or two pieces for each paper ball.
7. Stick the tape on the flatter end of the paper ball. Then stick it into the flower pot around the flowers. The folded up tape should stick the paper ball to the inside bottom of the flower pot.
8. Repeat this step with another paper balls until it fills up around the flowers.
9. When you are done, it should look like paper flowers and paper dirt in a flower pot.
This craft is not only very easy to do, but it also makes a cute pot of paper flowers as well.
When you are done, you can set it up in the window, on the counter, or on the table as a center piece. I personally would not suggest putting them outside, as if it rains, it could ruin the paper.
These can make great homemade decor or gifts for others, especially if you are having a child help you. You can even spray them with perfume or body spray, to give your flower some fragrance.
I hope both of my articles (the paper flowers and paper flowers in a pot) are helpful and you enjoy making your little garden of paper flowers.