Luggage And Bags:
• Beach bag – something that is bound to get sand in it
• Plastic bags – to protect things from sand
• Regular luggage – if you are flying, keep in mind all airline restrictions
• Swim Suits
• Swim Shoes
• T- shirts/ Short sleeve
• Sweatshirts – it can get kinda chilly!
• Swim suit cover-up
• Tennis shoes – whether you walk down to the public beach, head out to Fort Morgan or hit a local park, you will probably want to have some good walking shoes on hand.
• Rain coat – I have always had 2 all-day rainy days during my week there
Toiletries & Medical Supplies:
• Aloe for sunburn
• Sting medicine for jellyfish stings
• Sun lotion
• Regular lotion- you will dry out from water, sand and sun
• Eye drops! must have!
Bring whatever you want… there are stores to purchase batteries and film if needed.
You can also purchase underwater cameras for your time in the ocean or with your friends and family at the pool.
• Net – you can catch little crabs that come out at night
• Flashlight- to watch crabs or for jellyfish when you walk at night. The tiny white crabs come out at night and they are fun to watch.
• A lot of beach towels – between the way that you use them and the amount you can use to save a beach chair in the morning, you can use a lot
• Water spray bottles- wash off sand from your hands or body and keeps you cool when the sun gets hot
• Books to read on the beach,
• iPod or MP3 player to listen to music,
• Little cooler and cooley cup for drinks- easier than running back and forth for a refill,
• Body board or rafts for swimming – these are sold all over the area, so you don’t need to pack them.
• If you are staying at a hotel or condo with a pool on the beach, put a towel out on a chair early in the morning (like 6am or 7am) to reserve it for the day. These chairs are taken up quickly!
• Be prepared to get hit by a water balloon or water gun some point in your vacation. They are always around!
• DO NOT feed the seagulls- and yell at those around you who do. They will never go away!
• Make a game with your group. Each person that gets pooped on by a seagull gets $1 from everyone else. You are bound to get pooped on- so atleast you can get money for it!