Natural therapies for osteoarthritis treatment are often successful especially using recommendations based on research. Osteoarthritis is characterized by significant cartilage damage and hardening plus formation of bone spurs. Severe cases involve small bone pieces breaking off.
Natural therapies for osteoarthritis treatment are reviewed here. These include cartilage repair and replacement. Bone spur formation is the body trying to increase surface area of joints to better distribute weight across a joint surface that has been damaged by arthritis or other conditions.
1) Omega-3 is used in veterinary medicine for racehorses, dogs and other animals with joint problems. Recent studies show they help people with inflammatory disorders and decrease activity of enzymes that break-down cartilage.
2) Numerous double-blind studies show glucosamine sulfate to yield as good as or even better results compared to NSAIDs in relieving pain and inflammation of osteoarthritis.
3) In several clinical trials with over 22,000 patients, SAM-e was found as effective as pharmaceutical treatments for pain and inflammation. Additionally, no signs of digestive tract damage is found as with NSAID’s.
4) Researchers in Israel found people with osteoarthritis, who took 600 IU of vitamin E, had significant reduction in pain. It also appears to stimulate cartilage building proteins.
5) Vitamin C manufactures collagen which forms a network of protein fibers for cartilage and other tissues.
6) Consumption of cherry juice eliminates acids that produce knobs on bones.
7) Women might consider balancing hormones since osteoarthritis affects more women than men. Consider Nature’s Way DIM-plus™ because it balances estrogen.
8) Large bone spurs were reduced by massaging Young Living essential oils of RC and Thieves on them.
Additional Natural Therapies
Check for food allergies, consider detox and consider an anti-inflammatory diet to contribute to well-being. These are beneficial practices for good health and are recommended for additional natural therapies for osteoarthritis treatment.
*Amazing Sam-e for Arthritis
*The Anti-inflammatory Diet; The First Thing You Should Know
Author’s experience with private clients.
Healing with Vitamins, Rodale Press Inc, New York, NY.
Click here to read articles by this author on anti-inflammatory diet, detox and other natural health articles and to subscribe.
Article for information purposes only. Not intended as replacement for medical attention.
Natural Therapies for Osteoarthritis Treatment: Hot Tips for Health copyright 2010