I used to keep track of the prizes that I got from redeeming keys with Key Quest and lost the notebook I had everything written in; why I didn’t keep track of it on the laptop still baffles me. The “Double Key Weekends” (specifically the Spoo-Key Key Quest event) afforded me the chance to stockpile some keys with the hopes of getting a rare Paint Brush or one of the pieces of a treasure map. You never know what you are going to get when you redeem a key and anyone that tells you that they have a system or secret is basically full of it. I have seen more than a few Neopet scams involving selling information about when to redeem keys, none of it is the least bit accurate so save your Neopoints. The game can be filled with glitches so there are times when it will freeze, end without warning, stop loading or die when someone else is picking a prize for winning a mini game. Even so, it is a great way to make NP, earn keys and possibly get a rare item when you redeem them.
You can redeem ten keys per day, the number you have earned is shown on the Vault page so you can see your progress. There is no limit to the number of keys you can earn per day but you are limited to ten redemptions per day. From the ten keys I redeemed today, these were the prize I was awarded as well as the type of key I used.
1. Gold Key: “Orange Kreludan Bed”, “Maraqua Colouring Book”, “Captain Tuan Stamp”, “Piece of A Treasure Map”
2. Silver Key: “Yurble Tales”, “Book of Origami Paper”, “Nimmo – Now And Zen”
3. Gold Key: “Tapira”, “Grundo Inspired Dresser”, “Quetzal”, “Mega Churro Smoothie”
4. Silver Key: “Island Native Stamp”, “Star Fish Sandwich”, “Island Gift Bag”
5. Silver Key: “Shenkuu Lunar Temple Stamp”, “Mystery Island Usuki Play Set”, “Decorated Fruit Basket”
6. Silver Key: “Chalkboard”, “Mystery Island Usuki Play Set”, “Ixi Island”
7. Silver Key: “Orange Kreludan Bed”, “Mystery Island Usuki Play Set”, “All In A Days Work”
8. Silver Key: “The Secret of Treasure Island”, “Lime Swirly Negg”, “Jungle Survival Tips”
9. Silver Key: “Orange Grundo Chair”, “Vial of Pure Water”, “Mystery Island Chocolate Milk Glass”
10. Silver Key: “Ghostkerscarf”, “Kiko Pop-Up Book”, “Island Gift Bag”
As you can see, there are some extremely cheap prizes given away and since there is no way to tell what you are going to get it is pure luck when you get a Negg or piece of a map. When you even everything out the good items balance out the things that are selling cheap because of flooding on the Shop Wizard. There are a ton of cheap books that you can hoard; eventually the price on them will rebound and you can make a huge profit on them – even more so if TNT throws us a curve ball and ends up retiring one of them.