Most Romantic Restaurants on Long Island
Long Island is filled with fine restaurants but where do you go when you need to celebrate that special anniversary or impress that special someone in your life? Here is a list of the some of the most romantic, intimate dining experiences on the island.
- Prime-Huntington, New York (631)385-1515 www.restaurantprime.com– The North Shore’s sexiest dining spot. An American kitchen and bar located overlooking beautiful Huntington Harbor. Open-air dining in the summer adds to the overall romantic experience but it is just as impressive in the winter months as the interior décor makes you feel like you are dining in a sleek magazine spread. Steak and seafood entrees range in price from $25-$55. The staff is young, attractive and attentive.
- The Country House – Stony Brook, New York (631)751-3332 www.countryhouserestaurant.com– Voted “Most romantic dinner spot” by AOL city guide 2007. Located on Long Island’s most historic section on its picturesque North Shore within a beautifully preserved country manor house (circa 1710). Elegant, charming interior with highlights that include a gilded carved fireplace and baby grand piano. Classically prepared American entrees range from $25-$55.
- Soigne– Woodmere, New York (516)569-2259 www.soignerestaurant.com– A very cozy (just nine tables) spot with old world charm. Warm and inviting atmosphere with extremely personable staff. Eclectic continental cuisine with a French flair. Entrees range from $20-$35.
- The Lakehouse- Bay Shore, New York (631) 666-0995 www.thelakehouserest.com- Intimately situated overlooking Lawrence Lake, this charming establishment offers stunning lake views from two different very comfortable dining rooms. Owned by a young couple, he, the chef preparing sumptuous fare and she, in the front of the house, ensuring each diner has a memorable and very personal experience. Seafood, steaks and chops rule the menu priced from $22-$36.
- 1770 House– East Hampton, New York (631)324-1770 www.1770house.com- Situated on the south fork of Long Island’s scenic East End. Recently renovated but still capturing the historic charm of the once private home. All-year round dining exudes romance indoors with roaring fireplaces and outdoors with an intimate, softly-lit patio dining experience. American cuisine with a European flair with entrees ranging from $22-42.