Napkins rings are good for keeping napkins folded up nicely. They can be used for an occasion, party, and holiday, or they can just be used for every day use. Napkin rings do not cost a lot and can be found in various stores. But if you want to get a little creative, then you can make your own napkin rings with pipe cleaners.
Making napkin rings out of pipe cleaners is very easy to do, and the materials needed are not expensive at all. While it may take a little while to make a number of them, it does not take long to make one in general. The directions are so easy, you can even let children help you to make them as well.
If you are interested in making napkin rings with pipe cleaners, than here are the materials and directions for this easy craft.
Pony beads (optional, but will give a little decoration).
1. Gather your materials, which will be the pipe cleaners, pony beads, and the napkins you are going to use. They can be any color. You will be using the napkins to test out the napkin rings later on.
If the pipe cleaners are too long, you may need to cut them down to a smaller size. 6 inches may be a good size to start with, and you can work from there.
2. If you want to use beads for this activity, then take a few pony beads and slide them onto the pipe cleaner. You can have only three or four on the front, or you can cover most of the pipe cleaner. You can always add a few more on or take a few off before you are finished.
3. Wrap your pipe cleaner around the napkin.
4. Check to see if it is too big for the napkin. If it is, there are two things you can do:
A. Cut it down to a smaller size.
B. Wrap it around the napkin once more. You can do this by wrapping in the opposite direction that you wrapped it the first time.
5. If you have decided to cut the pipe cleaner rather than wrapping it around the napkin again, you can close it around the napkin in two ways:
A. Wrap it around again as much as you can (just as would if you want to do step 4B).
B. Twist the two ends of the pipe cleaner together.
6. You can slip the ring on and off of the napkins when you need them. Or you can twist/wrap and untwist/unwrap them as you need to.
7. Repeat these steps for the rest of the materials until you have enough napkin rings for all of your napkins.
There you go, in six very easy steps, you have made a napkin ring with pipe cleaners and pony beads. These steps are so easy, almost anyone can do make them. You can re-use these materials for other projects when you are done, or you can put them away to use as napkin rings in the future.
I hope you enjoy making napkin rings for pipe cleaners, and that you are able to make as many as you need for your occasion!