There is a misconception that girls get more hurt in breakups than guys. Guys experience the pain of breakups just the same as girls if not more. Some guys dwell in their pain and do not date for months or years and others jump right into different relationships. Getting dumped hurts but not understanding why you were dumped hurts even more. Below is a list of common reasons why girls break up with their boyfriends.
1. There was too much distance. Some people cannot handle distance in a relationship. If you and your girlfriend lived more than 10 miles apart this could have caused the break up. When partners live far away from each other the relationship seems less tangible. The distance causes the relationship to become fragile and easier for outsiders to break into the relationship.
2. She was cheated on or thought she was being cheated on. Girls do not like to be cheated on and they are not as accepting as guys when it comes to getting cheated on. Many girls break it off with their boyfriends based on assumptions. In relationships, it is best not to let the girl think that you are cheating on her because if you do you might end up getting dumped.
3. You were not supportive, ambitious, or successful enough. Many girls like to date those whom they can move forward with. They like to look ahead and see a bright future. Girls that are ambitious will seek out a partner that is also ambitious. In addition to being ambitious, many girls seek partners that are supportive of them. There is nothing worse than wanting to succeed but not having the one you love there to support you.
4. You were too controlling. A girl likes a guy that will protect her and make her feel safe but she does not want a dictator. She does not want her boyfriend to tell her where to go, when to leave, who to talk to, or what to wear. Dating someone with a controlling nature can be pretty scary women and this will cause them to end the relationship.
5. You were too abusive. Abuse is not only physical. It can also take a verbal form. Belittling someone to make them feel worthless is also a type of abuse. Talking down to your girlfriend will cause her to leave you.
6. You had an unfavorable personality or lifestyle. Many girls want to feel loved and safe which means that they want to date someone with a favorable personality. They want to be with someone who is honest and kind. Traits of a bad personality include; deceitful, short fuse, and critical. Examples of a unfavorable lifestyle include; taking drugs, consuming too much alcohol,being involved in a gang, robbing people etc..
7. You lacked affection. Girls want to feel and see that they are loved. They don’t like chasing their boyfriends down for affection. If you are unable to show affection in your relationship, it can cause your girlfriend not to feel as though she is loved or desired. She will want to end the relationship.
8. You grew apart. When people lead separate lives it is easy to grow apart. If one aspect of your life is too consuming, your girlfriend may end up feeling neglected. The two of you will drift apart.
9. You did not reciprocate her feelings. Girls want their emotions met which means if they are supportive of you they would like you to be supportive of them. If they pick you up when you fall down they would expect for you to do the same for them.
10. You were too nice. Have you ever heard the expression “good girls go for the bad guys,” well this is true for many girls. Some girls like guys who are difficult to deal with. You might have been too compliant towards your girlfriend.