Last minute Halloween costumes can make the difference between attending that unexpected spooky gala, or staying home and watching various Halloween special reruns on “TV Land.” While either can be a fine choice for your Halloween festivities, below are 5 simple ideas for couples who need a last minute Halloween costume or two!
Last Minute Halloween Costume: Twilight’s Bella and Edward – With the success of Eclipse this summer it’s no wonder that the star-crossed lovers from Twilight will be haunting the Halloween party scene again this October. Fortunately, the popular pair makes for a great last minute Halloween costume. You will need:
• *Simple clothing for both parties, especially jeans and shirts commonly attributed with high school students. Neither Edward nor Bella requires a special wardrobe, although you could add a vintage charm to Edward in keeping with his 100+ year existence. Bella’s clothing should be as ordinary as the character.
• *White face-paint, especially those planned for “vampire” costumes. Glitter powder for Edward or glitter spray, especially that with a white base. Bella needs a brown wig unless you happen to be a brunette; minimal make-up to keep the character “plain.” Hair gel or hairspray can enable you to have the tussled, bed-head look Edward is infamous for.
Last Minute Halloween Costume:Cross Dressing Couple – Provided you and your significant other are opposite genders of approximately the same size in clothing this last minute Halloween costume is especially simple. You will need:
• *Clothes for both members of the couple; switch-out your wardrobe, pairing a skirt and frilly shirt on him and a suit and tie on her. A quick stop at your local Good Will store and purchase the necessary sizes.
Last Minute Halloween Costume: The Matrix‘s Neo and Trinity – A go-to classic for last minute Halloween costume ideas, especially with the minor amount of items required to complete the costume. As an added bonus you can vary this costume to an undead Neo and Trinity with some zombie make-up! You will need:
• *A set of trench coats, ideally black and leather, for this Halloween costume for couples. The look is accented with all-black clothing and heavy black sunglasses, and is especially fitting with slicked-back, dark hair. Be sure to keep a blasé expression on your face to complete this look!
Last Minute Halloween Costume: Undead Romeo & Juliet – Zombies are always popular around Halloween, and plenty of options exist. Undead lovers is a fun last minute Halloween costume for couples, especially if you have any left-over costumes in a Victorian, medieval, or other common couples’ theme. You will need:
• *You don’t need to be actual Romeo & Juliet, just a pair of Zombie lovers. This includes a bride and groom, or any other famous couple.
• *If you don’t have left-over costumes from these other ideas feel free to wear matching-and destroyed-clothing to further the effect of being an undead couple.
Last Minute Halloween Costume: Adam and Eve – Especially easy if you live in a warm climate, Adam and Eve requires only a few cheap bathing suits-the skimpier, the better-and some artificial leaves and stems from the local craft store. You will need:
• *Your choice in bikini and swim trunks, though the less material the easier it is to capture that Adam and Eve naked in the garden look. Alternatively, a pair of panties and a bra for her and briefs for him can work in a pinch. Nude, skin-tone or tan works the best in such a case.
• *Either hot glue or thread to attach your faux foliage, enough to cover as much of the swimsuit material as possible.