If you love bourbon, then you simply can’t miss the Kentucky Bourbon Festival which takes place September 14 – 19, 2010 in Bardstown, Kentucky. The Kentucky Bourbon Festival is a six day event jam-packed with over 30 activities for everyone in the family including shopping, riding trains, museums, eating and of course, distillery tours where some of the finest bourbon in the world is produced.
If you and your family are looking for a wonderful way to spend a beautiful Fall day or two in Kentucky, then heading to Bardstown is a great idea. With multitudes of events taking place over the six day period, you will definitely want to check out the website at www.kybourbonfestival.com/events.htm to determine when you’d like to visit.
If it’s just you and another adult and you both love bourbon, then plan on taking tours of bourbon distilleries and tasting the spirits provided by at least 8 of the distilleries in Kentucky.
The following is a summary of the Kentucky Bourbon Festival.
Event: Kentucky Bourbon Festival
Dates: September 14-19, 2010
Location: Bardstown, Kentucky
Phone and Address: One Court Square, Bardstown, KY 40004, (800) 638-4877, #4 or (502) 348-3623, #4; Fax is (502) 348-3403, email info@KyBourbonFestival.com
Participating Bourbons: Buffalo Trace Distillery/George T. Stagg Gallery; Bulleit Distilling Company; Four Roses Distillery, LLC; Heaven Hill Distilleries Inc./Bourbon Heritage Center; Jim Beam Brands/American Outpost; Maker’s Mark Distillery; Tom Moore Distillery; Wild Turkey distillery; Woodford Reserve Distillery; Kentucky Distillers Association; and Independent Stave Company.
Tours will be available at the following distillers: Buffalo Trace; Four Roses; Heaven Hill; Jim Beam; Maker’s Mark; Tom Moore; Wild Turkey; and Woodford Reserve. If you would like to take a tour, please call distillery in advance for times.
Events: Over the course of the five day festival there are many events that will take place. Here are some of the highlighted events you may want to check out:
• The Ancient Craft of Barrel Making
• Backstreets of Bardstown Historical Tour (via horse-drawn trolley)
• Balloon Glow
• Family Fun Area (games, inflatables, train rides, etc.)
• Food booths
• Ghostly Spirits of Bardstown (walking tour)
• The Great Kentucky Bourbon Tasting and Gala (this is for true bourbon lovers, and includes a sampling of 8 bourbons, a chance to meet the Master Distillers, dinner, dessert, and dancing). The Great Kentucky Bourbon Tasting and Gala is considered a signature event of the Kentucky Bourbon Festival and requires reservations. Call 800-638-4877, #4 for reservations now. Black tie only.
• Kentucky Bourbon All-Star Sampler
• Kentucky Bourbon Cornhole Classic
• Golf Tournament
• Horseshoe Pitch
• Poker Run
• Mixed Drink Challenge
• Arts and crafts featuring juried artwork
• Spirit 5K Run and Walk
• U.S. Army Extreme Adventure
• Whiskey City Cruisers Vehicle Show
• World Championship Bourbon Barrel Relay
There are many more events you’ll want to investigate at www.kybourbonfestival.com/events.htm.