So you are looking for a job, and you find one that catches your eye. You fill out the job application and return it. Then soon after, you are contacted by the employer and asked to come in for a job interview. This can be an exciting occasion, but it can also be a nerve wrecking one as well. The job interview can make or break whether or not you have a new job, or will still job hunting.
But what can you do to calm down the job interview jitters? You should prepare for the job interview! Prepare yourself for the job interview in advance, so that way you can reduce the nervous feeling you may be having. “But how can I prepare?” you ask? You can do so by knowing what to do before, during, and after the job interview. This can help you to know what to expect a little. To help you prepare for your interview, here are some job interview tips.
Before The Job Interview.
The first set of job interview tips will help you know what to do before the interview, helping you to prepare in advance.
1. Do some research about the company you have applied to. This way, you will know more about the company before the interview.
2. Ask a relative or friend to give you a mock job interview, with questions that are likely to be asked during a real job interview. This way, you can practice getting through the interview without choking.
3. Dress appropriately for the job interview. This shows the employer that you are serious about wanting the job. Dressing your best can include the following:
– A professional outfit and shoes, such as business attire.
– Make sure your hair and finger-nails are groomed well.
– If you wear a lot of jewelry, then you should tone it down and remove most of it.
4. Arrive to the job interview about ten or fifteen minutes early. This will give you a little extra time to prepare yourself for the interview. In addition, it will show the employers that you are a punctual person, which can look good on you.
During The Job Interview.
You need job interview tips for during the interview, to help you know what to expect once the interview begins.
1. When you go to the interview, bring an extra copy of your resume, as well as any other documents you may need during the interview. For example, if you are applying for a photography job, then you would bring a copy of your resume and a portfolio of some of your best work.
2. Smile and greet the interviewer upon meeting him or her. Give them a firm handshake, but be sure it is not a bone crushing more.
3. Listen to every question asked, do not daze off. This way you can show them that you do know how to pay attention. When answering each question, be truthful and confident.
After The Job Interview.
Of course, job interview tips can include what to do after the interview.
1.Thank the recruiter for their time and the interview.
2. If you do not hear from the company within the week, you can always call them for a follow up on the job interview.
Preparing yourself and knowing what to expect in advance can help to reduce the jitter and increase the confidence. This can help you to get through the interview smoothly. You don’t want to choke during the interview, but show them that you are ready to take on the job!
So prepare, practice, and follow these job interview tips. Hey, you never know, you may just land yourself a new job!