Your wedding is a day that you will remember for the rest of your life. Even though you spend so much time planning out all the little details, you don’t always remember all the little things that made it so special. What better way to preserve all those little memories than to scrap an album of your wedding!
There are basic photos you would want to have in your album and you can title these pages to go along with them. The easiest way to make a wedding album is to use your wedding program as an outline for your scrapbook. Here are some suggestions on page ideas for your basic 20 page wedding album full of memories of the ceremony.
Page 1- Putting the name of the bride and groom on the cover along with the wedding date is a great idea. It makes it easy to identify what the album is about. Also adding a photo of the couple makes for a beautiful cover.
Page 2- Maid of Honor (I also suggest journaling the names of all of those in the photo somewhere on the page or put a pull out tag behind the photo with this information on them)
Page 3- Brides Maids
Page 4- Best Man
Page 5- Groomsmen
Page 6- Ushers
Page 7- Flower Girls
Page 8- Ring Bearer
Page 9- Parents of the Bride
Page 10- Parents of the Groom
Page 11- Bridal Party – All the girls
Page 12- Bridal Party – All the guys
Page 13- Ceremony- picture of the bride and groom with the officiant
Page 14- Photo of the rings
Page 15- Bride from front
Page 16- Bride-back of her dress
Page 17- Groom
Page 18- Bride and Groom Kissing
Page 19- Bride and Groom
Page 20- Entire Wedding Party
Of course, the comprehensive list above is just about all you need to put your memories into one book but its also fun to make an additional book or add more pages to the main wedding album that has a focus on more of the details. Here are some fun and unique ideas on some scrapbook pages that focus on those little details you stressed out over all those months of preparing for the big day.
- Getting Ready Layout: photos of the bride getting ready for her big day…photos of the bride getting her nails done, make-up and getting her hair done, putting on her dress, veil, shoes and jewelry.
- Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blew layout: photos of everything.
- Our beginnings: photos of the couple when they first started dating, engagement photo and wedding photo.
- Wedding Traditions: father walking daughter down the aisle, father daughter dance, placing the rings on the fingers, sharing the first piece of cake, etc.
- Wedding Media: Create a page with a CD pockets to keep a copy of your wedding DVD and a copy of your photos on CD.
- The First Dance: Make a page showcasing the couples first dance as Mr. and Mrs.
- Father/Daughter Dance and Dollar Dances make great pages.
- The Little Things: Scrap photos or make collage pages of all the little details that made your day perfect. Examples: photos of memorabilia such as flower petals, confetti, ribbons, decorations, place cards, centerpieces, details of the wedding cake, etc.
And of course, when you are scrapping pages its also fun to incorporate memorabilia from your wedding day into your pages. Here is a list of some of the items you could add to your pages:
- Engagement announcement
- Bridal shower invite
- Bachelorette and Bachelor party invitation
- Gift registry
- Wedding invitation
- Wedding program
- Wedding sheet music
- Congratulations cards
- Engraved napkins
- Flower petals from the bouquets or from the flower girls baskets
- Place cards
- Ribbons and swatches from decorations
- Plane ticket stubs for honeymoon
- Travel brochures
- Hotel stationary, receipts, business cards, etc.