Even though the economy is starting to show some signs of life,the need to make some extra money is always present! One of the easiest ways to make said extra money is to join Avon and become an Independent Avon representative. You can try to arrange a face to face meeting with a local Avon Rep or save yourself the time and trouble and use the Avon reference code JEBY at STARTAVON.COM Be sure all the information you submit to Avon is accurate and if you don’t get approved the first time, just try it again.
The cost is $20 and that covers the price of the start up kit and the postage for Avon to send it to you. This is the same kit everyone gets at first and it contains 20 Avon books, enough for your first 2 campaigns, a receipt book , an Avon bag and some instructional booklets. You will also receive information of whom you can contact locally for help and support. Watch for a “Welcome to Avon” email if you use the Avon reference code JEBY.
Some people sign up to be Avon Representatives just to get their Avon at a discount and end up getting a few customers as their friends and co-workers find out they sell Avon and make enough off them to basically get their Avon free!
Now the question may be, “How much money can I make selling Avon?” Below is the potential earnings for Avon reps.
As a NEW Avon Rep you make 40% off your first 4 campaigns(about 2 months time) if the orders are $50 or larger and you submit them online. After that here is what Avon Reps can make:
Order Size Earnings
$1550 or more 50%
$900 – $1549 45%
$425 – $899 40%
$285 – $424 35%
$145 – $284 30%
$50 – $144 20%
$00 – $49 0%
Licensed products are earned at 20% commission.(like clothing or household goods)
It’s a simple formula, the more Avon we sell, the more money we can make.
Selling Avon isn’t for everyone, some do quite well right away, others sell very little Avon and quit. I have noticed that those who really work at it and are patient have success. If you sign up to sell Avon with the idea that it will be easy and people will knocking on your door to buy it, you will be disappointed. Nothing happens over night and without effort. If you approach it as a long term project and give it time to grow, you will find it to be a good way to make money, perhaps not a lot of money, but certainly enough to make it worthwhile.
There are some expenses for us Avon Reps. For example we do buy the Avon brochures we leave with people. Avon books come in packs of 10 and they do get cheaper per copy the more we buy.
Pack # Brochures Cost Each Total
1 10 brochures $.59 $5.90
2 20 brochures $.41 $8.20
3 30 brochures $.35 $10.50
4 40 brochures $.311 $12.45
5 50 brochures $.268 $13.40
6 60 brochures $.245 $14.70
7 70 brochures $.227 $15.90
8 80 brochures $.216 $17.25
9 90 brochures $.205 $18.45
10 100 brochures $.195 $19.55
11 or more packs: $19.55 (for first 10 packs)
+ $1.35 for each additional pack
I know may Avon Reps who regularly buy 100 Avon brochures per campaign, personally I buy on average 30 Avon brochures per campaign as I don’t like to have any left over or have the time to find more places and people to leave them with. Personally I don’t get to worked up about buying the Avon brochures since I look at this an a business and every business has expenses(plus they are a tax deduction!). The best approach to buying the Avon brochures that I have ever heard of is to think of them as your “Store”. How many business only pay $20 a month for their space?
We also buy the Avon bags we deliver the products in(you don’t have to use these bags) There are a few sizes to choose from:
1)Paper Delivery Bags – 2-lb. Size Pk. 50/$0.95
2)Paper Delivery Bags – 10-lb. Size Pk. 50/$1.25(I use these mostly)
3)Paper Delivery Bags – 20-lb. Size Pk. 50/$1.95
4)Paper Delivery Bags – Carry-All Bags Pk. 5/$1.25
5)Paper Delivery Bags – Tote Bag Pk. 10/$1.75 (these are nice)
The Avon bags are nice to use since they say Avon on them and give you a bit more of a professional look. The first 3 types are simple white paper bags with Avon printed on them. The last 2 are bigger and have loop handles and also say Avon on the side, only nicer than the white ones.
We can buy samples of Avon products if we like and many do. I rarely buy samples and normally only get samples of colognes or perfumes. I figure my customers know what they want and will order it or request a sample to try something. At times I will buy extra product to sell to whomever, but do not stock product of any kind like some Avon reps like to do.
As Avon representative we can also have a web store or be an eRep. We can only sell Avon online using the eStore from Avon and it cost about $15 a month, although for some time they have been waving the fee for new Reps or if we have a purchase during a given campaign.
This is my eStore as an example: Avon Store
New Avon Reps often want to know how to sell Avon and where to find new customers and that only makes sense! The truth is customers are everywhere. People are SEARCHING for Avon Reps, so you need to make it easier for them to find you. You could dress up in a funny costume and dance on the corner of a busy street like the pizza guy does!
Here is a list of places to find customers to help you sell Avon:
1. Post flyers in apartment buildings(you can print them from Avon’s website for reps)
2. Leave Avon books at auto repair centers.Usually there is a boring little sitting area.
3. Wear a badge and/or buttons telling people who you are, like Avon Representative.
4. Approach bake sales with an Avon fundraiser.
5. Let your bank know what your deposit is for, and give her an Avon catalog!
6. Barter/Trade your Avon products or service.
7. Hang an Avon flyer inside a bathroom stall door. Captivate your audience! LOL
8. Bring an Avon catalog to a beauty salon.
9.Use bumper stickers.
10. Let EVERYONE know you sell Avon!
11. Make it a goal to hand out a certain number of business cards, or catalogs per day.
12. Free lunch drawings, put your Avon business cards in the fish bowl sat restaurants.
13. Get a restaurant to sponsor YOUR drawing!
14. Magnetize your Avon business card.
15. Use your card as a bookmark in the library books. Leave them in the books you return.
16. Instead of tear flyers, use your Avon business card at the bottom of the flyer.
17. Hang a sign on your car window that says AVON! Include your phone number
18. Fundraiser Car Washes- Stop in and tell them of your fundraiser ideas.
19. Put Avon catalogs in all waiting rooms.
20. Join a club or network group. Let them see you regularly.(thus building trust)
21. Leave Avon books in businesses you go to often.
22. Look on the internet for new bulletin boards to post your Avon info
23. Where ever the moms usually are!
24. Former business associates.
25. Go to garage sales. Give them flyers to hand out for you. Offer an incentive for them to do this for you!
26. Wear your Avon name tag to as many places as you can.(grocery stores)
27. Home shows
28. Home Owners Associations- Put an ad in their paper!
29. College newspapers and bulletin boards
30. Do cross-promotions with other businesses.
Don’t limit yourself to just friends and family, unless you want to. Think of where people are and go get them! Some Reps set up at local festivals to sell product, find new customers and sign up new Avon reps, which is another way we can make money as Avon is a MLM(Multi Level Marketing)company and we can receive bonus check from Avon based on the sales of our downline or the people we signed up to sell Avon. This can take some time to grow, but is worth the effort.
Avon has selling campaigns and each last about 2 weeks. At the end of each campaign we submit our orders online, we can submit more than one order per campaign, but it will cost a few dollars extra. We can now submit our orders over the phone, but that also will cost $7 extra. Normally we receive our orders 2 business days after our submission deadline and have about a week and a half to deliver the product, leave the current campaign Avon brochures and pay our Avon bill before we have to submit our next order. If we submit our orders according to the schedule for our Avon District we only pay a small processing fee called One Simple Fee.
Selling Avon isn’t for everyone, in reality selling anything isn’t for everyone. However, everyone knows Avon, so it’s not like you are selling something no one has ever heard of or know nothing about. I’m a white guy and I sell mostly to Hispanics who speak very little or no English and I don’t speak a lot of Spanish. That just goes to show that Avon in many ways sells itself and the Avon brochures are a great mobile store! Since the Online start up cost is only $20 you are risking very little money and will likely earn that back by your second campaign.
Now is the time to say hello to tomorrow and start selling Avon today!