Choosing a freelance writer is an important task. You shouldn’t pick just anyone for this task and all freelance writers are not the same. Careful consideration should be used to pick the perfect, dependable, experienced writer for your needs.
You need someone who is qualified and experienced to help you with your writing job. More importantly, you need someone who cares about your success as well as their own and someone who makes your assignment a priority.
- Do you have a website that needs new content?
- Are you looking to increase traffic to your site and give your readers something of quality to enjoy?
- Do you need motivating, inspiring sales copy that encourages your prospects to act?
- Do you want to improve a dull, boring sales page or add SEO to your current or newly developing website?
- Would you like to see your website climb in the search engine rankings?
- Would like to focus your marketing direct to the people who will actually want to buy your product or service?
- Do you need assistance with article marketing or other creative content?
If you want to promote a product, write a book, sell your professional services, promote your new or old business, announce the launch of a new website or just build an interesting resource site, you need an experienced professional qualified to handle your specific task.
One of your first questions should be whether or not they have a Web site to advertise their services. This Web site should be friendly, welcoming and easy to navigate. There are also certain elements that should look for in the freelance writer Web site such as:
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation and attention to detail in the writer’s Web copy
- An about page or section that tells you more about the writer and their experiences
- A services/fees page that described what they can do and how much they charge
- Samples of their writing- preferably links to Web sites where the writer has been published and not just copy/paste of something they wrote
- Testimonials or references from people who have worked with this writer before
- Contact info so that you can easily reach the writer should you decide to work with them
Some writer’s Web sites will have additional details to show you even more about the writer, their interests and their experiences. Any additional information you receive about the writer will help you in making your decision.
When you find a quality freelance writer who you think will meet your needs, the next step is to contact them to start the process. It can be very helpful to lay out exactly what you’re looking for before you contact them. This will make it easier for the freelance writer to provide you with a quote and even to tell you whether or not they are able to do your job.
A confident freelance writer should be able to give you a price quote and a timeline if accepting your project. You should feel comfortable allowing them the opportunity to do your work and comfortable with the fact that you will most likely need to pay a deposit before services will commence. When you invest the time and money to choose and hire a professional, it is an investment that pays off again and again when the writing is complete.