Publix is a Florida-based grocery chain with stores throughout Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama. The semi-upscale grocery store is famous for its clean and friendly atmosphere, well-stocked shelves and some stores have their own deli. Every Publix store offers in-store coupons and attracts many bargain hunters by honoring competitor coupons. Here are some tips for getting the best deals and maximize your savings when shopping at Publix:
1. Stack in-store coupons with manufacturer coupons. Publix will allow you to use up to two coupons per item, in most cases. You can also use two coupons on Buy 1 Get 1 Free items, so don’t be afraid to use multiple coupons for any given item.
2. Don’t buy more than one item on sale. Publix features a number of items that are listed on sale as a multiple purchase each week. However, just like SuperTarget, you don’t have to buy all of the items to get the sale price. When you find cereal on sale for 2 for $5, or bread on sale for 3 for $5, you can purchase just a single item and still get the sale price.
3. Watch the prices at checkout. Publix will give you your item for free if it does not scan at the right price. While the stores are pretty good at changing the prices per the latest sale, they do miss some items occasionally. Keep a close eye on the prices that come up at the checkout lane so you can catch them.
4. Ask Customer Service if you can use expired coupons. In some cases, Publix will honor expired manufacturer coupons – you just have to ask! If you really want to use a manufacturer’s coupon for a certain item, just head over to the Customer Service desk before you start shopping for authorization.
5. Check the Publix flyer in the newspaper. Publix distributes about a dozen coupons in flyers each week, and you can use other coupons in conjunction with these in-store coupons. If you don’t get the weekly newspaper, you can pick up the flyer in the front of the store near the entrance.
6. Get coupons directly from Publix in the mail. Register on Publix.com and you’ll be signed up for an e-mail newsletter and eligible to receive coupons in the mail. These can also be used in conjunction with manufacturer’s coupons.
7. Use competitor coupons. Publix will honor coupons from several competitors, including Target, Walgreens, CVS and some other grocery stores in your area. If you’re not sure about whether a certain store’s coupons will be accepted, make a quick stop at the Customer Service desk to get the official green light.
There are several ways to get the lowest price on your favorite grocery items when shopping at Publix. Use some of these shopping tips so that you can use all of your in-store, manufacturer and competitor coupons on your next grocery shopping run.