So you have an old t-shirt that you don’t wear anymore. Maybe it is a little worn out, does not fit, or you just do not wear it anymore. But you still like the shirt, so you don’t want to throw it out. Yet, you don’t want it to sit in your closet or drawer for no reason at all. So what can you do if you don’t want to or cannot wear it, but you do not want to get rid of it? That is easy, you can turn that old t-shirt into a new pillow!
If you do not know to create a pillow out of an old t-shirt, don’t worry. It is easy to do and I am going to list the materials and steps you will need to use and take to make your pillow.
Your old t-shirt.
Needle and thread or a sewing machine, whichever you would prefer to use.
Polyester fiber, which will be used to fill the pillow.
Scissors (if needed).
Now here are the steps to create your new pillow. If you are a child creating this pillow, please make sure you get the help and supervision of your parents or other family members when creating your pillow.
1. Take your old t-shirt and turn it inside out. You can cut off the tag on the inside of the shirt if you choose to.
2. Using the needle and thread or sewing machine, sew the neck, bottom, and arms of the t-shirt closed. However, leave the holes open enough to be able to fill your pillow with the polyester fiber. If you sew it completely closed, you will not be able to stuff your pillow.
3. Once you are done sewing and leaving a part of the holes open, carefully flip the shirt back to right-side in.
4. Now, take the polyester fiber and stuff it into the holes of the pillow. Stuff it until it fills up and feels just like a pillow should. You can compare it with other pillows if need be.
5. Once you are done stuffing your new pillow, sew the holes completely closed. You are now done.
Wa-la, your very own pillow, created just by you! You can use old band, cartoon, movie, or sports shirts to create your very own memorabilia or fan merchandise. Offer to do the same for loved ones using their old t-shirts, and turn it into a gift. If you want to, you can even purchase t-shirts just for making pillows out of, for you or someone else. This can turn into a great hobby for yourself and a nice way to gift gifts to others. You can practice making pillows and teach others how to do it (for fun or an art class). It is fun, creative, can save you money on buying new pillows, and can help you find a way to keep the t-shirt that you didn’t want to throw out. So next time you are going through your clothing, you can take that old t-shirt you don’t wear and turn it into a new pillow that you can use!
I did have a little help on getting reminded of the steps to take for creating this pillow, and credit on remembering a few of the steps goes to the following site: http://www.ehow.com/how_2071556_make-tshirt-pillow.html