Don’t know why so many grossly obese people have disability tags on their cars? Don’t know why Obese people get front row parking everywhere they go? No one is checking these tags for expiration meanwhile, how many times do you hunt around for a parking spot in a crowded lot and have to park in almost the next state, when all of a sudden you spot a perfectly healthy individual with a disabled tag in the front row leaving their car? Does it make your blood boil that no one polices this problem?
Can you imagine how much money these people save on parking? Just think about parking at train station without paying a meter. How about a crowded doctor’s office parking lot or mall? These people have the system all figured out. It’s America, the home of the bacon, double bacon, super sized bacon double burger…you start out being a healthy shmuck working your tail off for low pay…until, you decide you will eat yourself to an enormous state, your employer will have to release you and give you disability because you can’t do your job anymore, you apply for social security at 40 years old and get it. Your doctor tells you that you are too fat and can’t drive without a disables sticker so you can park close. You say who is better than you? I see this every single day throughout the USA, and so have you. We have become a country of fat, lazy people who have no more pride in ourselves.
According to the CT Motor Vehicle department, the qualifications to get a Disabled permit for your car are impairments, disabilities, or conditions that affect mobility and are permanent:
1. If you use portable oxygen. Well age should really be a prerequisite too. Most people whom I see use oxygen are senior citizens, who in my opinion should have an age cut off anyway to drive. But, sticking to the point, if you need portable oxygen why wouldn’t you just stay home, it’s dangerous and awkward to carry around cylinders of oxygen?
2. If you are legally blind. Well, this one puzzles me, because, if you are legally blind what are you doing behind the wheel of a motor vehicle anyway? I mean, we worry about DWI and DUI’s, now we have to worry about the BWD (blind while driving)?
3. If you have Limited use, or no use, of one or both legs. Limited use might mean a cast, a brace or joint problems or replacements. This is a problem for people, but again, if say you have a problem where you can’t feel your leg or your leg falls asleep because of bad circulation, should you be driving to begin with?
4. If you can’t walk 200 feet without stopping. I want to know what joker writes this requirement down. I mean we are in America, 50% of the population if not more are overweight and out of shape and can’t walk 50 feet. Some healthier people can’t walk that far. So, I can see people using this as an excuse for a disability sticker right off the bat.
5. If you have a neuron-muscular dysfunction that severely limits mobility. This to me is a legitimate impairment. However, I wonder how a person with a severely limited mobility or sporadic motility can drive?
6. A Class III or IV cardiac condition, which according to the American Heart Association standards, class III is moderate severe cardiovascular disease resulting in marked limited physical activity and having fatigue. Class IV is severe cardiovascular disease and unable to have physical activity without discomfort and could have heart failure even at rest. This is serious for the legitimate person with heart disease. But face it; most overweight obese people have this impairment. I see it every day. Overweight people can’t breathe, walk or do any amount of physical activity without getting their hearts racing from their size. So does that mean all overweight people need to be on disability and get special treatment?
7. If you have severe limitations in walking because of arthritis, neurological or orthopedic conditions. And it should continue to say, and if you are not grossly overweight…otherwise, obese people can’t walk and they have orthopedic problems due to their weight. A self inflicted impairment.
8. If you have lung disease or respiratory problems. The majority of overweight people have breathing problems. And if they didn’t have respiratory problems prior to them getting into the car them the fact that the steering wheel embedded in their stomachs while they drive will give it to them.
The requirements are too lax. No wonder the officials are handing out these tags like candy, half the state of CT fits into one or more of the 8 disabled requirements from self inflicted over eating. I feel badly for the real disabled and blind citizens that really need the special allowances. Their misfortune wasn’t self inflicted. Oh, did I say citizens? If you have a driver’s license you can get a disabled tag. One more thing the “illegals” in this country get to steal from US citizens…parking spaces! What a racket. My next life I want to be an illegal Immigrant in America so I can have babies here, get free medical care, free diapers and formula for the baby and other children and free food stamps for beer and never pay any taxes and never have to go to war or in the military. I say this with sarcasm, but it breaks my heart to know this stuff is really what is wrong with how America is being destroyed.