You’re just out of high school and enrolled in your freshman college year. You have everything ready for your first day of class. A comfy dorm room to share with a couple of other guys. Your parents have put together a wardrobe of clothes, shoes and other gear you’ll need for that first important year.
You’ve bought your books and other supplies at the college bookstore. Your laptop is ready to help you research, study, write and prove what a great brain you have . You’ve signed up for the exact schedule of classes you wanted. Now do you have everything? Not quite.
You’re a young guy who needs more than books and computers for achieving higher learning. If you’ve enrolled in a college hundreds of miles from home, in addition to making new guy friends, you need what any other red-blooded freshman needs. A gal pal!
Of course, but how you get started? You’re a stranger in a strange land and don’t know anyone. Already, in your wanderings around the campus, you’ve seen many great girlfriend prospects walking by. So, what do you do? Cut one out of the herd with your faithful lasso? There are more appropriate alternatives.
1. Hang out in the library or lab. You’re sure to meet up with a girl frosh who’s just as serious as you are about preparing for the requirements of classroom work. You’ll also find that she needs some time to relax with a kindred soul.
2. Attend social events on campus, frat/sorority houses and at local clubs. Early in the semester, many of them stage get-acquainted parties, trips, tours and other activities where you can mix in with prospective girlfriends.
3. Whether you’re religious or not, attend some sessions at the campus chapel or nearby churches. They also offer early-semester get-acquainted events.
4. Go to sports events. Everyone on your side of the stadium will be wearing your college shirts and waving pennants. It offers good opportunities to join in on the cheering with some girl freshman students who are anxious to share loyalty and support for the jocks on the field.
5. Of course, there’s the old cafeteria routine, especially when it’s crowded: … Uh, mind if I sit here?
The college guide for first-year guys to find a girlfriend can be a very enjoyable, as well as simple task. Of course, all of this sage advice is just as appropriate for the incoming gal freshman. Just realize that all lonely freshmen students are looking for that certain someone on campus.